Winmx Is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire

Still Fresh
The WinMX community is back, the files are back, and the users are taking a stand. SPAM LINK REMOVED

It is time for the RIAA to understand that they cannot destroy filesharing by intimidation any longer. They may be able to bully Corporations, but the users are not going to sit by and let it happen.

SPAM LINK REMOVED is an effort by the users and for the users, with an agenda of making SPAM LINK REMOVED a p2p network not only for the users, but maintained, organized and perpetuated by the people.

Come Join us, we believe that we can make a difference in this fight to take away our rights. We welcome all of those who are tired of going from one p2p network to another simply because the RIAA flexed its billions of dollars worth of muscles.

SPAM LINK REMOVED is quick, easy and free to use, it contains no spyware, adware or any other form of malware. We even provide a manual modification that allows you to see exactly what is being done that only takes minutes to do yourself.

Another site worth note is SPAM LINK REMOVED Computer Problem Help Forum[/url], this site has also been at the forefront of this movement, and can help you with any general computer problem that may or may not be related to WinMX.

Check out the SPAM LINK REMOVED for everything you need.

I hope to see you on WinMX soon! Realtime help is available for WinMX 3.53 users. Go to SPAM LINK REMOVED

piracy is still a crime

no matter what sort of new age hippy crap sort of spin you put on it

would you walk into a shop and blatantly take a cd?

no

so don't be such a dick and advertise your criminal acts here

p.s. i smell close and ban

File sharing, aka theft...

Hey, I guess you don't mind if we all come round to your house and share your stuff? I bagsy the TV and Xbox.

Hey, I guess you don't mind if we all come round to your house and share your stuff? I bagsy the TV and Xbox.
you might have a point concerning filesharing, but the idiotic comparison of actual theft of physical things versus downloading things without consent of the author is ridiculous and immediatly takes away any credibility...

i don't really support filesharing either, but if used "smart" (aka you may download things, but don't let it affect how much you buy, thus not harming the industry), i see no problem...
and making filesharers pay huge fines, and even make them go to prison (which ought to be for people who are a threat to the society), thus putting them on the same level as murderers (and not petty thieves what you compare them with, which is already worse than filesharing), is imo absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand this comparison to taking a cd from a store.

if one downloads an mp3, the music company may have lost a sale, but they've not lost a product.

if one steals a cd, the company has lost a sale, and has to replace the product on the shelf.

I don't condone piracy, but p2p downloading is like photocopying pages from a book in a library, or taking a photo of someone's painting... not like stealing the book or the painting.

anyone who can 'steal' my tv and X-box, and still leave them there for me to play as well is quite welcome.

piracy is still a crime

no matter what sort of new age hippy crap sort of spin you put on it

would you walk into a shop and blatantly take a cd?

no

so don't be such a dick and advertise your criminal acts here

p.s. i smell close and ban
Well the only thing he is doing bad here is spamming the place, he has not actually talked about piracy or any illegal business, that is just assumed. I thought you were one of the guys who was recently talking about usenet, and downloading 24?!

this is the funny thing about the GP32 and GP2x community, especially if you look in other consoles. Most of the people here don't think twice about downloading a pirated psp game or mod their ps2, gamecube, xbox to play burned games, and will even admit it, but as soon as a post like this comes up, everybody is up in arms. Funny funny stuff.

I don't understand this comparison to taking a cd from a store.

if one downloads an mp3, the music company may have lost a sale, but they've not lost a product.

if one steals a cd, the company has lost a sale, and has to replace the product on the shelf.

I don't condone piracy, but p2p downloading is like photocopying pages from a book in a library, or taking a photo of someone's painting... not like stealing the book or the painting.

anyone who can 'steal' my tv and X-box, and still leave them there for me to play as well is quite welcome.

So, to sum up.. you condone piracy then ;)

ie: There are laws permitting libraries to photocopy for limited use, in extension of fair use; coping music is not permitted, so its IP-theft. You can pretend otherwise, and you can do it all you like.. but know it for what it is. Call a wolf a wolf, alright?

In some countries it is legal (ie: Canada), although it is Not Right.

(You can copy all you like, and no one gets paid.)

jeff

I guess you and other ones here don't have any romsets on your gp32 ? Hmmmmm ? You and other like you really made me sick ...

this is the funny thing about the GP32 and GP2x community, especially if you look in other consoles. Most of the people here don't think twice about downloading a pirated psp game or mod their ps2, gamecube, xbox to play burned games, and will even admit it, but as soon as a post like this comes up, everybody is up in arms. Funny funny stuff.

A very good point, he says looking at his collection of MAME games...

:D

But surley emulation is so main stream now that its legal !!

<_< :D :p :blink: :unsure: B) :rolleyes: :eek:
(think that covers it!!)

whoever made the argument about physical theft as opposed to "intellectual" theft:

a cd cost next to nothing to produce

the cost of the cd represents the many people down the line who must be paid for supplying you with the cd

that was never my point though, don't go spamming up boards with the type of thing that can get us shut down.

yes, all of us here pirate material in different degrees, we don't post links to them on the boards though.

This IS kind of rediculous.

WinMX just plain sucks anyway.

Now it's like if anyone's on there, they're labeled as 'rebels'? great.

yes, all of us here pirate material in different degrees, we don't post links to them on the boards though.
But the original poster only post links to a soft that MAY permit to download pirate stuff ...
Altough the original message is very strange (it seems to be an automatic spam, so it may be a trojan or something like that), there is theoritically nothing wrong about it.

A very good point, he says looking at his collection of MAME games...

:D

But surley emulation is so main stream now that its legal !!

<_< :D :p :blink: :unsure: B) :rolleyes: :eek:
(think that covers it!!)
So mainstream that it is legal. That is plain wrong. Filesharing is way more mainstream than emulation!

you might have a point concerning filesharing, but the idiotic comparison of actual theft of physical things versus downloading things without consent of the author is ridiculous and immediatly takes away any credibility...

i don't really support filesharing either, but if used "smart" (aka you may download things, but don't let it affect how much you buy, thus not harming the industry), i see no problem...
and making filesharers pay huge fines, and even make them go to prison (which ought to be for people who are a threat to the society), thus putting them on the same level as murderers (and not petty thieves what you compare them with, which is already worse than filesharing), is imo absolutely ridiculous.

I'm not quite sure I get what you're talking about. If you download (pirate) a CD from the Internet are you still likely to go and buy it? If you download and then burn the CD you have basically stolen as you have a just about 100% copy of what is for sale in the store.

I have never understood this argument that piracy is not theft and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

MPAA Makes Unauthorized Copies of DVD
Posted by Zonk on Tuesday January 24, @02:03PM
from the pot-i-would-like-you-to-meet-kettle dept.
Movies
An anonymous reader writes "There's a story on ArsTechnica about how the MPAA has admitted that they made unauthorized copies of a movie. That in itself is a bit of tasty hypocrisy, but if it turns out that they ripped a DVD, then the MPAA could find themselves in violation of the DMCA." From the article: "According to Mark Lemley, a professor at the Stanford Law School, the MPAA may have been within its rights to make copies of the film. Given that the MPAA's intent isn't financial gain and that the whole situation may rise above the level of trading barbs through the media into legal action, making a copy may be justified. Personally, I can't see any justification for an organization such as the MPAA ignoring a directive from a copyright owner, but IANAL." Update: 01/24 19:52 GMT by Z : Made title more accurate.

this was on /. yesterday thourght it might be of interest.

I'm not quite sure I get what you're talking about. If you download (pirate) a CD from the Internet are you still likely to go and buy it? If you download and then burn the CD you have basically stolen as you have a just about 100% copy of what is for sale in the store.

I have never understood this argument that piracy is not theft and you have done nothing to convince me otherwise.

Wihout filesharing 'someone I know' wouldn't have half the music tastes 'he' has now, and most definitely wouldn't be giving the deserving artists thier money, especially when the artist are almost impossible to find in this country. P2P has guided 'his' musical tastes and has definitely refined them.

Also, something called 'audio quality' has to be taken into consideration. Downloadable MP3s have very poor quality, and even if one manages to get a hold of some rare losless files, there has to be something said about actually physically having the record. If 'my friend' truely enjoys an album, 'he' wants to spend the money to own it, if not just to have it, to give the band back what little money they get these days through the record companies. Many people are like 'my friend'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back