Remove user status and postcount to save vertical space on short posts.

comradekingu

Glowing ember
Website
portfolio.anotheragency.no
Right now one-liners are shorter than avatar+description. One line of which is the user status. Meaning most posts are needlessly long by wasting space. It will redundantly say "Member" for 9k+ people, and then "Moderator" for a few, and "Administors" for ED, even as user description. I propose to remove it, since mods have
team_staff.png
and ED has 
team_admin.png
already, in addition to text. Postcount is back, when it was removed without issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant we make a supporter badge for those who wants to have that? Are there any more corner-cases?

If i fullscreen on this 1200 vertical resolution monitor I barely get the first two posts in this thread. Death by a thousands papercuts is still a relevant death.

Postcount is back, when it was removed without issue.

I had issue with its removal.  I'm very happy to see it again.  I think there's a user option to hide avatars, which take up about seven times as much vertical space as that handy info line.  That said, I don't know what the three dots we all have above our avatars are for.  (yes I know what they mean, but I don't know of a use for them)

Avatars provide significant information in that they uniquely identify the poster, in a way that is quick to grasp. Postcount does nothing, other than waste space on pandering egos.

If ever in doubt whether the poster is a newcomer, it is possible to check.

Vertical space is important, especially so if you dont have a lot of it. I have a 1920 on the side, and it still looks like the structure is meant for something taller/denser

In fact of all the posts on this page there is only one post where this would have any effect on the vertical space used on my screen at all, and that's mostly because Wally doesn't have a sig.

-Neelix

I'm more worried about horizontal  space. I find these big "voting" numbers and arrows at the very left side not great. Especialy onto the tiny Pandora it wastes valuable horizontal space. Can these elements at least be made smaller?

I'm more worried about horizontal  space. I find these big "voting" numbers and arrows at the very left side not great. Especialy onto the tiny Pandora it wastes valuable horizontal space. Can these elements at least be made smaller?

That's only for the questions and answers section, which is not really used on these boards anyways ;)

i think postcount is a somewhat useful meter for newbies to the forum to see who they should try to be offending (or not).

[edit] but it appears that the DONOR badges are gone.

Testing 1

Testing 2

Testing 3 (without location and description it started getting longer here)

Testing 4

Testing 5  (here my post started increasing due to its length normally.)

In fact of all the posts on this page there is only one post where this would have any effect on the vertical space used on my screen at all, and that's mostly because Wally doesn't have a sig.

-Neelix

Signatures are for chumps.

ViETQzW.png

Back