Double Posts

mby they should change the code on the front page so 2 threads with the same name - only one is shown.

I dont know if thats possible though...

so funny with everything thats happening in the world, people get mad over double post on a GP32 forum. :p

lol were complaining about board problems in the wrong thread
thats funny
but really, I dont care, Its just one click, not like your gonna die or anyting

~Octavious

whats really annoying about the front page is that i can't check fronts posts from it
why i am not signed in on the front page

help

Yeah, whenever a topic gets moved, another topic comes up on the front page. Really annoying, but hey, I'll live. :rolleyes:
wellm when a mod move the topic, they CAN delete the old one. (am i the only other person besides the mods with IPB knowlege?)
then again, im not fmiliar with the front page dealy. Maybe that needs to be tweaked as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, whenever a topic gets moved, another topic comes up on the front page. Really annoying, but hey, I'll live. :rolleyes:
wellm when a mod move the topic, they CAN delete the old one. (am i the only other person besides the mods with IPB knowlege?)
then again, im not fmiliar with the front page dealy. Maybe that needs to be tweaked as well.
More accurately... when you move a topic you choose whether or not to leave a copy of the old topic that points to the new location. This is -extremely useful- for people who only check one board and think that their topic has 'disappeared' when moved without warning. So quite a few times, I'll do that.

Unfortunately IPB does a hackjob and pretends that the 'Moved: Topic name' topic is still a real topic, so hando's little script picks it up. Behind the scenes it IS a real topic entry, except with some 'moved' flag on and the location of the new topic on it. So hando could either filter out duplicates or find the moved flag and add (for example) 'WHERE moved = 0' to his SQL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back