Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

craigix said:
Plenty of Wine, Pernod, Vodka.

Could never get the car out of the drive/road now. Stuck until the snow plough decides to pass by, if ever.

The drive is one massive sheet of ice, fun times, good thing I've got the fire roaring and am warm.

New year snowed in! Snow expected here for the next 5 days, yet in Newcastle I bet they have next to none. Funny what about 800ft does!

The people living here in sweden are so used to the snow and cold that people hardly view snow and cold as an inconvenience....

however, when I lived in Exeter (Devon UK, for the uninitiated), as soon as there was any kind of snow and ice, people were all over the place.
I once saw a car crash into six cars going down a hill, while breaking.... the driver did not know that you cannot steer a car when the wheels are not moving....

Here in Sweden people use wheels with metal studs in them... the metal studded wheels should be used all over europe in cold weather...

Along with the BBC, Premium Ice Cream, Cornish Pasties, and anything made by Apple, I consider metal studded wheels one of the great inventions of all time.

... well ...

And more on-topic for this thread...

Glad to hear that the pandora is finally moving towards the final stretch.

Last edited by a moderator:
plupp said:
Here in Sweden people use wheels with metal studs in them... the metal studded wheels should be used all over europe in cold weather...
And thereby seriously mess up perfectly fine tax-paid tarmac, when the roads are ploughed and salted. Maybe it's difficult for you to imagine a whole lot less snow, or snow under control? :)
I would say it's fine to have snow chains (the things for your tires, whatchamacallem?) on board and be ready to fit them.

Boy I must be bored talking about the weather. Any Pandora news? *sniff*

kuru said:
plupp said:
And thereby seriously mess up perfectly fine tax-paid tarmac, when the roads are ploughed and salted. Maybe it's difficult for you to imagine a whole lot less snow, or snow under control? :)
I would say it's fine to have snow chains (the things for your tires, whatchamacallem?) on board and be ready to fit them.

Boy I must be bored talking about the weather. Any Pandora news? *sniff*

snow under control. in the UK. I lol'd.

craigix said:
Yeah if we are happy they can just spit out the 10,000 pretty quick, 10k is their MINIMUM order, they will probably be more used to orders in the hundreds of thousands. Maybe our small order is why it's taken so long. I don't know.
I know, there are "small-series" Companies that make Prototypes and small batches, 5-10k maybe. I'm sure, your order would be higher priority there and you could save money because the batch could be only 4000 first, instead of 10k minimum of the choosen Factory. ;)
Anyway, too late and of course I can't guarantee, that the small Factories are cheaper or equal than tha choosen company. ^^"""

fusion_power said:
I know, there are "small-series" Companies that make Prototypes and small batches, 5-10k maybe. I'm sure, your order would be higher priority there and you could save money because the batch could be only 4000 first, instead of 10k minimum of the choosen Factory. ;)
Anyway, too late and of course I can't guarantee, that the small Factories are cheaper or equal than tha choosen company. ^^"""
I'm guessing that a company willing to only do 4000 would still charge about the same as the 10000 from this company. I'm guessing that because I trust that Craig et al investigated these things first and made what they thought was the right choice at the time. Of course, if they could look forward and see it would take this company 4 months to do something another company can have done in 4 weeks, it may have changed their mind ;)

If the Pandoraprojekt would be a great succes, than i think the 10.000 of cases would be fast out of stock, by the way: at end of batch 1, whe have 6000 Cases, thats alot, but maybe only 600 kg on parts..(if one case hase 100g)

snow: where i life, whe had today 8°C, and i ben running in the rain,

whe have 6:25PM, and Canada has 12:25 PM, so i think, Michael Weston schould have his Case.. :unsure:

matzesu said:
Oh, thats a lot of snow, hear in Germany, whe have 8°C and the sun is shining..,
thats the confuse about the global warming, some peaple have warm, other peaple have cold, .. B)
bey the way: Canada is a bit more in the Nord, so there must be alot of more snow..
Not in my neck o' the woods. We have like four or five inches of snow today, and most of it showed up last night! We'd usually have a foot and a half here, I think. Last year there was three feet in two weeks and that was about it. Things are changing that's for sure.

Mr.Confuzed said:
matzesu said:
Oh, thats a lot of snow, hear in Germany, whe have 8°C and the sun is shining..,
thats the confuse about the global warming, some peaple have warm, other peaple have cold, .. B)
bey the way: Canada is a bit more in the Nord, so there must be alot of more snow..
Not in my neck o' the woods. We have like four or five inches of snow today, and most of it showed up last night! We'd usually have a foot and a half here, I think. Last year there was three feet in two weeks and that was about it. Things are changing that's for sure.

We have none in Vancouver.. Sad.. No snow at Christmas this year.. It is getting quite cold at night so maybe we will get some in January...
Just rain... rain..rain...rain...
Nothing new for Vancouver, B.C. Canada

David...

plupp said:
craigix said:

Could never get the car out of the drive/road now. Stuck until the snow plough decides to pass by, if ever.

The drive is one massive sheet of ice, fun times, good thing I've got the fire roaring and am warm.

New year snowed in! Snow expected here for the next 5 days, yet in Newcastle I bet they have next to none. Funny what about 800ft does!

The people living here in sweden are so used to the snow and cold that people hardly view snow and cold as an inconvenience....

however, when I lived in Exeter (Devon UK, for the uninitiated), as soon as there was any kind of snow and ice, people were all over the place.
I once saw a car crash into six cars going down a hill, while breaking.... the driver did not know that you cannot steer a car when the wheels are not moving....

Along with the BBC, Premium Ice Cream, Cornish Pasties, and anything made by Apple, I consider metal studded wheels one of the great inventions of all time.

... well ...

And more on-topic for this thread...

Glad to hear that the pandora is finally moving towards the final stretch.

Metal studded wheels are illegal in most of Canada I'm fairly sure. People have a bad habit of not changing their tires every season and leaving their winter tires on. In summer those things would wreak havoc on our already shitty pavement. They're utterly unnecessary in most cases anyway, just get some decent winter tires, drop 20km/h from your speed, and start braking earlier and you're usually fine. And park the rear wheel drive cars for the winter, even with sandbags in the back those things can get fucking crazy.

WizardStan said:
Of course, if they could look forward and see it would take this company 4 months to do something another company can have done in 4 weeks, it may have changed their mind ;)
When time really is money, then absolutely YES. :D (When time is money, I guess the Pandora is one of the most expencive produced device onto this Planet :lol: )

Its absolutly to late to change the Company, in the middle of 2009, where the case design was finish, jes, but now? that would be cost another 4 Months, and whe are max 4 Weeks bevore it is done.. :unsure:

matzesu said:
Its absolutly to late to change the Company, in the middle of 2009, where the case design was finish, jes, but now? that would be cost another 4 Months, and whe are max 4 Weeks bevore it is done.. :unsure:
Confirmed: Pandora will be delayed for another 4 months.

I'm loving the party atmosphere of the forums right now. We should all get sloppy drunk more often!

craigix said:

Sambuca is the way to go. got two bottles here not being drunk :p on the vodka already should make html more fun to read later :)

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Yeah if we are happy they can just spit out the 10,000 pretty quick, 10k is their MINIMUM order, they will probably be more used to orders in the hundreds of thousands. Maybe our small order is why it's taken so long. I don't know.

The problem is their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged. I think they make them from aluminium rather than steel.

craigix said:
The problem is their moulds only last about 10k pieces before they are damaged. I think they make them from aluminium rather than steel.
That can cause some inconsistencies in the future with mass orders..

craigix said:
Yupp, I've also read something like this. ^^
I forget that you will sell probably more than 10K Units so it really would be stupid to make Moulds that only last for maximum 10000 Pieces. So "our" moulds are made of solid steel? Sounds good. :)
I wonder, what mould material has to be used, if the case itself would be made out of metal?

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
Yupp, I've also read something like this. ^^
I forget that you will sell probably more than 10K Units so it really would be stupid to make Moulds that only last for maximum 10000 Pieces. So "our" moulds are made of solid steel? Sounds good. :)
I wonder, what mould material has to be used, if the case itself would be made out of metal?

I'd guess they put aluminium in a steel mould.

That reminds me of what might be an urban myth, but allegedly if CocaCola stopped printing on their cans and just moulded their logo in to the aluminium can it would stop the equivalent pollution of the UK each day.

I'd buy them!
cokecan-ed02.jpg

Also, it hasn't snowed down here since '95. :(
I need to escape up north for the holidays one of these years...

Back