Second Review Case Will Be Shipped Dec 23Rd

Awakening said:
I would say from Craig's message that the place where the boards are stored is locked over the holidays and will open up again in January.

That's what I would say also. I live in the US, and some places have been closed for 2 weeks during the holidays(christmas/new years weeks). But I would say considering the first of the new year is friday, all business will reopen on monday. Now that is 5 days away, so unless the team is getting MP cases on monday the 4th(which I don't see happening), the cases become the delay again! So why not just say that right now, instead of misleading into thinking the boards are the hold up! Now keep in mind this is all speculation on my part, due to the vague info that has been posted!

Jumpman

Last edited by a moderator:
jumpman said:
Awakening said:
I would say from Craig's message that the place where the boards are stored is locked over the holidays and will open up again in January.

That's what I would say also. I live in the US, and some places have been closed for 2 weeks during the holidays(christmas/new years weeks). But I would say considering the first of the new year is friday, all business will reopen on monday. Now that is 5 days away, so unless the team is getting MP cases on monday the 4th(which I don't see happening), the cases become the delay again! So why not just say that right now, instead of misleading into thinking the boards are the hold up! Now keep in mind this is all speculation on my part, due to the vague info that has been posted!

Jumpman

Unless he is only talking about these first sample cases, they can't be tested without the boards so it doesn't matter if he doesn't receive the cases before Monday, or what ever day he can get his hands on boards for them. Which would have been nice to know.

Awakening said:
Unless he is only talking about these first sample cases, they can't be tested without the boards so it doesn't matter if he doesn't receive the cases before Monday, or what ever day he can get his hands on boards for them. Which would have been nice to know.
They have about 100 boards from the testing they did previously. Those 100 boards plus about 100 cases = about 100 more or less complete Pandoras.

WizardStan said:
Awakening said:
They have about 100 boards from the testing they did previously. Those 100 boards plus about 100 cases = about 100 more or less complete Pandoras.

Ah, that's where Craig got that number from: 105 boards - 5 sample Pandoras = 100 boards remaining :)

WizardStan said:
Awakening said:
Craig said enough cases to make several of the 100 though. I guess it's going to be a lot like the last sample?

Exactly, we got 105 boards, 5 are already built and shipped (one of those is the one I did CE testing with and make videos for you).
So with 100 more cases, we can build 100 more Pandoras.

Usually, shipping companies need 3 - 5 WORKDAYS from China to Canada (unless you pay them five times the normal amount for express...)
If it shipped 23rd or 24th (don't know the exact date), we have 25th and 26th as holidays in Canada, 27th was Sunday those these three days don't count as workdays.
This is why the cases are not here yet. They should arrive between 30th and January 5th (depending on how fast customs are, etc.). Friday, Saturday and Sunday are no workdays... once again.

We hope we will receive them until Thursday, but it all depends on customs and the delivery service.

The company which does the assembly and mass production of the boards was closed during Xmas and new year, so production can start as soon as their holidays are over (which is during the first week of January).

All we need now is the final case. CE testing was passed, so mass production is the last step we're missing :)

Awakening said:

Yes. Always have to remember to be very exact or the conspiracy theories start :)

Good news is several devs should get their MP Pandora consoles from monday.

craigix said:
Awakening said:

Yes. Always have to remember to be very exact or the conspiracy theories start :)

Brilliant. Thanks for the further clarification. A small gap in explanation or accounting for somethings' whereabouts and it snowballs around here.

craigix said:
Awakening said:

As long as nothing gets delayed or any unforeseen problems arise, who knows when bad luck strikes :)

Thanks Ed, now I know why the cases have taken so long to arrive, no "express shipping". That explains alot. It is actually amazing that you guys have been getting them as fast as you have. I have shipped hundreds of packages around the world, and Canada has the worst customs, and postal service second only to Italy(in my own experiance)! I have had several packages lost and delayed, coming and going, so please be careful with these test cases, but I guess you can't do much about that now. Hopefully you guys will use some form of express when it comes to shipping the MP cases to texas.

Jumpman

EvilDragon said:
Usually, shipping companies need 3 - 5 WORKDAYS from China to Canada (unless you pay them five times the normal amount for express...)
If it shipped 23rd or 24th (don't know the exact date), we have 25th and 26th as holidays in Canada, 27th was Sunday those these three days don't count as workdays.
This is why the cases are not here yet. They should arrive between 30th and January 5th (depending on how fast customs are, etc.). Friday, Saturday and Sunday are no workdays... once again.

Actually, in Canada when Boxing Day falls on a weekend, the following monday is a stat holiday as well... that means that friday, saturday, sunday and monday were all non-working days.

No worries though. It's all good for those who were working over the holidays. Helps them pay for more pandoras!

Timmy said:
Actually, in Canada when Boxing Day falls on a weekend, the following monday is a stat holiday as well... that means that friday, saturday, sunday and monday were all non-working days.
Monday is a holiday only in lieu of Saturday. The sorting facilities are normally operational on Saturday (though not Sunday); even though there's no local delivery, the mail is still processed and prepared and moved around for a Monday shipping. Because of boxing day, they would have been closed the Saturday for boxing day, therefore they don't get the Monday in lieu. Anything arriving at the sorting facility on Thursday would be ready to go on Tuesday, just as it would have been ready to go on Monday if there were no holiday and it arrived on Friday. I'm probably not explaining it right, just trust that the holiday falling on a Saturday actually helps this year because it means the mail will be sorted even if it doesn't get delivered.

it's nearly here arhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
just before it releases something will happen. the LHC will create a black hole that envelops the earth or something.

It's a time to be happy with an alcoholic beverage in hand and a couple of foxy ladies on each arm (vice-versa if you are a lady :D ). For once, everyone has a valid excuse to let the chips fall where they may and put all thoughts of getting the Pandora on the back-burner for a few days.

LETS GO PARTY!!!!!!!

Game_over said:
It's a time to be happy with an alcoholic beverage in hand and a couple of foxy ladies on each arm (vice-versa if you are a lady :D ).

A couple of foxy beverages and an alcoholic on each arm?

Back