Second Batchers?

linc186

Still Fresh
For us who preordered for the second batch, we're most likely going to get it in november right? Because, first batch will be done shipping by mid october, and the preorders get their units earlier. So...im guessing by the very, very earliest mid-late of october and by the latest mid november. Am i expecting too much?

Batch 2 production starts October 19th and ends approximatly christmas.
So you should get your unit somewhere inbetween there.

Of course, this is if the board production company can keep up with everything - that's something we should know within the next weeks.

EvilDragon said:
Batch 2 production starts October 19th and ends approximatly christmas.
So you should get your unit somewhere inbetween there.

Of course, this is if the board production company can keep up with everything - that's something we should know within the next weeks.
I think end of november is pretty fair, i preordered, so i should get it earlier, however im sure where i am in the que. ive i knew i could probably guess better... how can i find out?

Last edited by a moderator:
How is batch 2 production going to start October 19 if all the parts for batch 1 arrive October 18? You are planning to assemble all of batch 1 in less than a day?

Dude, I'm in the first batch and I'LL be surprised if I get mine in November. You'll probably get yours next year. :(

OPT, feel free to make me eat my words, I've no problem with that...

its two months tm once again, except this time its for the 2nd batchers

Iorgy77 said:
How is batch 2 production going to start October 19 if all the parts for batch 1 arrive October 18? You are planning to assemble all of batch 1 in less than a day?

? Batch 1 parts are all there, the last board of Batch 1 is scheduled to be finished on October 18th?

Batch 2 parts are scheduled to be there on October 18th.

Last edited:
absolofdoom said:
OPT, feel free to make me eat my words, I've no problem with that...

;) No prob with me, I just can tell you at the moment what the plans the board factory gave us are.

Last edited:
http://twitter.com/Craigix/statuses/22346669086
The last of the batch1 Pandora boards should be finished and shipped to us around the 18th of October : http://bit.ly/ancaEH - then batch2!
http://www.openpandora.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=2&Itemid=2&lang=en
The company wants to have the first batch finished mid-October. Our original plans before we knew about the nubs was to finish everything end of September - so we're not that far behind.
? Batch 1 parts are all there, the last board of Batch 1 is scheduled to be finished on October 18th?

Batch 2 parts are scheduled to be there on October 18th.

So which is it? This is contradicting information. Do you have all the parts for batch 1 right now in the UK? Or are you expecting them on the 18th along with parts for batch 2? I dont see how production of batch 1 can be complete on October 18 if you dont have the parts until October the 18th.

So the last board of batch one will all going well be made on October 18 at the texas factory and then sent to OP in the UK for assembly. From then on the texas factory will work on batch 2 boards and sending them to the UK in batches.

OK I think I understand now. I misunderstood it to mean all of batch 1 will be assembled by OP in the UK on October 18.

Iorgy77 said:
So the last board of batch one will all going well be made on October 18 at the texas factory and then sent to OP in the UK for assembly. From then on the texas factory will work on batch 2 boards and sending them to the UK in batches.

OK I think I understand now. I misunderstood it to mean all of batch 1 will be assembled by OP in the UK on October 18.

Yep, the board company finishes October 18th with the last boards (at least that's their plan).

Assembling 100 units per day is possible, we even did 200 at one time.

Last edited:
End of November/beginning of December is looking good for me. First batch'll be done mid October, the team can assemble 100 a day once the nubs are fixed, 1000 can be done in a week and three days, they're also capable of 200 a day, so if they do that 4000 will be done in 4 weeks. I also preordered, so again I should get it earlier... Although I don't know where in the que I am. I'm pretty happy now.

emcee said:
Everyone preordered.
Oh.... Whelp, I'm to lazy to edit, so scratch that out of my replies.

linc186 said:
emcee said:
Everyone preordered.

Alright so, I preordered and was informed at I'm around 120-130 in the queue. That means theoretically, if they are cranking out 100ish boards a day, I could hope to see my unit around halloween, or maybe early November? That should be the second or third day of production on Batch 2 unless I'm really confused, and I paid for the speedy shippings. Also, are the carrying cases ready to go? I know we'll be waiting a while for the TV-out yet.

So excited!!

I'm thinking I'll get mine once the UPS guy brings me a big box from the UK. I'm not counting on any time sooner than that.

Alerino said:
there's no contradiction from my point of view.
ALL parts EXCEPT the boards are there, or on its way (cases are going from China by ship)

I had read that as "all parts to build the boards for batch 1 are in texas, all parts to build the boards for batch 2 will be in texas on october 18"

ToiletNinjas said:
linc186 said:
emcee said:
Everyone preordered.

Alright so, I preordered and was informed at I'm around 120-130 in the queue. That means theoretically, if they are cranking out 100ish boards a day, I could hope to see my unit around halloween, or maybe early November? That should be the second or third day of production on Batch 2 unless I'm really confused, and I paid for the speedy shippings. Also, are the carrying cases ready to go? I know we'll be waiting a while for the TV-out yet.

So excited!!

Your chance of seeing one before year's end is remote. Don't be so excited, or you'll be doubly disappointed.

I'm a big believer in the adage that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. OP's past behavior has been:

not shipping units that their customers have paid for,
issuing truly audacious and lame excuses, or keeping quiet,
verbally abusing customers that refused to accept said excuses.

The fact that they're making promises to 2nd batchers when they cannot fulfill their 1st batch orders, nor give an accurate forecast of shipment, is revolting.

They should truly be ashamed of themselves.

Alerino said:
oooo, how bitter

Not at all. There is no animosity, hostility nor regret in my words. They have my money, I've mentally written it off. Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised by the UPS man one day. Perhaps the unit will still be worth eBaying, too. Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

While I'm not claiming to be expressing the objective truth, I don't think I'm too far off that mark.

Back