Second Batchers?

While it's taken a long while,

not shipping units that their customers have paid for,

is one of the weirdest things I have heard here.
All produced units have been delivered to the customers who paid, and it should be clear that non-produced units have not been shipped yet.

issuing truly audacious and lame excuses, or keeping quiet,

I'm sure you can give an example for a lame excuse? AFAIR we only told what happened, explained a few times we are inexperienced and have learnt a lot during the last two years - and the rest of the things were just directly given from the informations we got told from the various companies.

verbally abusing customers that refused to accept said excuses.

I know it's pretty hard imagining how those things work without having experienced them yourselves. That's also the reason we thought we would be finished way earlier - it's DAMN hard to pull such thing through... we never imagined it would that hard, but so far we suceeded.

Chairman_Now said:
ToiletNinjas said:
linc186 said:
emcee said:
Everyone preordered.
Oh.... Whelp, I'm to lazy to edit, so scratch that out of my replies.

Alright so, I preordered and was informed at I'm around 120-130 in the queue. That means theoretically, if they are cranking out 100ish boards a day, I could hope to see my unit around halloween, or maybe early November? That should be the second or third day of production on Batch 2 unless I'm really confused, and I paid for the speedy shippings. Also, are the carrying cases ready to go? I know we'll be waiting a while for the TV-out yet.

So excited!!

Your chance of seeing one before year's end is remote. Don't be so excited, or you'll be doubly disappointed.

I'm a big believer in the adage that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. OP's past behavior has been:

not shipping units that their customers have paid for,
issuing truly audacious and lame excuses, or keeping quiet,
verbally abusing customers that refused to accept said excuses.

The fact that they're making promises to 2nd batchers when they cannot fulfill their 1st batch orders, nor give an accurate forecast of shipment, is revolting.

They should truly be ashamed of themselves.

Did you even READ the conversation? Your judging OP on something they've never done. Essentially, four people came together to work on this. Little to none funds at the start, done only by four people. We added another later, to do some more stuff so make it five. The greatest handheld in the world done by five people. You should be praising them, because they accomplished this. They're nt making lake excuses to people, why would they have any need to do that anyway? They told us what was happening with the nubs and all the other ones to. And yes, it is possible to ship on those dates because right now production is slow because of the nubs. When they said these errors are fixed, it's possible to pump 100-200 a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good afternoon EvilDragon,

This is only my second post here, but I've been following the boards for a few months since Batch 2 was announced.

I am shocked and amazed at the quality of product you have assembled with such a small team. The Pandora is a dream machine for a retro enthusiast/tech geek myself. As a member of a small business myself, I deeply empathize with the challenges and frustrations of meeting customer expectations with limited resources and less time to do it!

I am nothing but excited about the Pandora project, and will eagerly anticipate the arrival of my unit. WHENEVER it happens to arrive. I'm travelling to Tokyo at the end of October and I'd love to be able to play around with the Pandora in transit, but it won't "kill my puppy" if it hasn't arrived by then.

Keep doing what you're doing, man!

- TN

(I got my queue position from gp2xstore I think? The British one.)

Asmo said:
EvilDragon said:
I'm sure you can give an example for a lame excuse?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php...south-america/page__view__findpost__p__863370

Sorry, but you did ask ;)

I still have no idea what's that all about at all - that was the weird reason the chinese company told us.
I have no communication with them, so I can't comment much on that.

However, that was the reason I told you to only check the official blog for REAL news. I never said anything about the copper price in the blog, I just said the thing with the amount of 10.000, and that's something I definately know it's true :)

Okay, next task: Find a lame excuse on the official blog - and more Pandora related (as we're waiting for the Pandora here), not accessories-related :D

Last edited:
ToiletNinjas said:
I am shocked and amazed at the quality of product you have assembled with such a small team. The Pandora is a dream machine for a retro enthusiast/tech geek myself. As a member of a small business myself, I deeply empathize with the challenges and frustrations of meeting customer expectations with limited resources and less time to do it!

Thanks. Well, it's not perfect yet. The case could be way better (though way more expensive, too), but all in all, I'm content myself, too :)

I am nothing but excited about the Pandora project, and will eagerly anticipate the arrival of my unit. WHENEVER it happens to arrive. I'm travelling to Tokyo at the end of October and I'd love to be able to play around with the Pandora in transit, but it won't "kill my puppy" if it hasn't arrived by then.

That's probably how you should see things: Don't WAIT for it. Just keep in your mind it will be there sometime and keep going on with your life.
I did the same with other things like Pier Solar: A Genesis RPG which also was paid and preordered years ago... now it's near-finished.
I completely forgot about it sometimes, didn't even check their news. Now I got an eMail that it will be shipped soon - and I'm happy :)

Last edited:
sorry to go off topic, but as you mentioned pier solar, ED, did you get Beggar Prince or Legend of Wukong? if so, what's you general impression of them? I was considering buying.

EvilDragon said:
I did the same with other things like Pier Solar: A Genesis RPG which also was paid and preordered years ago... now it's near-finished.

Never heard of that before, now I want a copy and it's sold out... Would be great to play on the Multimega again, it's just standing next to my Xbox looking cute (beeing about a third the size...). :)

Sugar_Kane said:
sorry to go off topic, but as you mentioned pier solar, ED, did you get Beggar Prince or Legend of Wukong? if so, what's you general impression of them? I was considering buying.

Only got Beggar Prince. Haven't played that far yet, but seemed like an okay game so far. Not the best RPG out there, but definately one of the better ones.

Emnasut said:
EvilDragon said:
Never heard of that before, now I want a copy and it's sold out... Would be great to play on the Multimega again, it's just standing next to my Xbox looking cute (beeing about a third the size...). :)

Yeah, I'll be happy to play it.
Heck, AFAIK, preordering started even before Pandora preordering... the delays are about the same :D

Last edited:
At the moment I've got both a Pandora (batch one) and Pier Solar pre-ordered and pre-paid :) having either arrive would be a welcome surprise!

I was amazed to get the address confirmation check email from the Pier Solar team, I'd just about given up on ever seeing it (much like a certain handheld ;) )!

kmob said:
I was amazed to get the address confirmation check email from the Pier Solar team, I'd just about given up on ever seeing it (much like a certain handheld ;) )!

... and I hope you will see both :D

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
That's probably how you should see things: Don't WAIT for it. Just keep in your mind it will be there sometime and keep going on with your life.

That's exactly what I'm doing and it works! It really is the best thing to do!

^ That's what I did, as well. It paid off handsomely, as I never once felt impatient or annoyed at all (though they're not really in my nature, and I taught myself more patience by working on a project of mine for much of the time that went by). :p

EvilDragon said:
kmob said:

One down one to go.. Got a shipping email from the Pier Solar team :) Nice to see it ship after so long! Now all I need is my Pandora to complete the double!

kmob said:
EvilDragon said:
kmob said:

One down one to go.. Got a shipping email from the Pier Solar team :) Nice to see it ship after so long! Now all I need is my Pandora to complete the double!

What was your place in line?

lol I read the beginning of this thread, and I'm sure there are many many like it, everyone standing completely solid on the floating 2 month timeline as if absolutely nothing else could go wrong...

batch 2 completed by christmas lol

I plan on ordering my Pandora out of my tax check in February so I can get everything I need in a single shipment (Pandora, case, AC adapter, extra stylus, also a couple of 32GB SD cards from Amazon). I'm hoping to actually have it by summer.

No huge rush for me though. My Wiz will keep me on standby for now, it does well. I AM preparing somewhat now though by purchasing all the PS1 games I find at pawn shops and flea markets and ripping them to my PC, so I can enjoy them on my Pandora when it arrives. I have a PS2 and PC emulators to play em on too, so its just a waiting game to get my tax check, than another waiting game for my Pandora.

kmob said:
1000-1200 ish in batch one. But I'm a patient bastard :)

I know a guy in 400-500 in Batch one, and I myself is in line 1000-1100. We both haven't even gotten a shipping email.

We're both in Craig's shipping address, who are you with?

Also DO TELL when you get your shipping email for the Pandora.

be very patient!!!

Its like waiting for Christmas....only that has come and gone nearly 3 times now since initial preorders.

Floating 2 months................ why do we not look at it as a floating week then it will not appear to be as bad.

Back