A Message Of Support

wiimario

Still Fresh
2 have passed since i was following the project,
i've seen ALL pandora videos, but i've preordered only this october.
I was waiting this moment (3rd revesion case nearly arrived) that means we're almost get there; but ther's people that continues to write: "and then were are the cases?", "who will says us that they really be shipped in chinese new year?" it really impressed me the thread "over a year late?!"
well, I don't understand this people: no one has the pandora in his hands and we're all tired to wait, but this time it's nearly over.
I'm writing this thread to send a message of support to the openpandora team, especially to EvilDragon, Craigx, Michael and Fatith.
If you are agree quote this thread to prove that you believe in the pandora project

borgqueenx said:
The problem is that you are saying "the wait is almost over". Its true, for 12 months already.

well, more than 12 months, but it isn't OP team fault, they made a wrong design it's better adjusting it:
I prefer wait over a year and then have an unbreakble pandora then waiting one month and, after two days, break the pandora

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is not that the design was wrong, the design was set in stone more than a year ago already (I think). The problem is that the communication with the company producing the cases was just really bad. However, while waiting for the cases new tasks by the Pandora Team have been started which should have been done back then. However, its kinda ridiculous that the factory needs more than a year to produce the case, as the team said that they would be done "soon". I think this is what people dislike as it seemed like all the factory needed was a "Go!" as said so often - this turned out to be a lie (intended or not..) or atleast not right.

"quote if u believe in OP team " ? You speak as if they aren't mythical... ;)

I have an even better way of showing my "faith", as it were. I gave them my money. Well, actually, my wife gave them my money.

Hang on - there's something not quite right there...

Many people here like myself first PAID for the device in september of 2008. That is a very long wait. I have been waiting for 16 months. Am I out of patience, yes I am. There is nothing I can do but wait. This is my dream device so I just hope it does finally get to me soon.

Monk said:
"quote if u believe in OP team " ? You speak as if they aren't mythical... ;)
*clap* *clap*
I do believe in fairies! I do believe in fairies!

Thumbs up for a positive topic. Also for moving the latest troll attempt to the LOL!-files.

wiimario said:
i've seen ALL pandora videos, but i've preordered only this october.
And i thought i was late in the game when i preordered 30 Jan 2009...

wiimario said:
quote this thread to prove that you believe in the pandora project
For the second time, "I believe" ... this is feeling a bit too religious :p

If we're showing support, might as well do a shout out to the whole team. :) It's more than just the usual suspects who have put the last two years of their life into the project, but some seem to go unnoticed. Taken from the About Us page:

Michael Weston
Michael is the hardware guy behind the Pandora. He did all the research and testings and designed the complete board. He's living in Canada.

Craig Rothwell
Craig Rothwell, better known as craigix on the community boards, is the one guy who took most of the risk of the project onto his shoulders. He did most of the organization with all the companies, the money, etc.

Craigs shop GBAX.com is very well known since years. He specialized in selling retro- or homebrew-enabled devices. He is always adding more unknown but cool devices for low prices.
But since most devices had some flaws for running emulators or homebrew stuff (one has bad controls, another one with good controls has too low cpu power, etc.), he decided to create his own - and so, together with some other guys, the Pandora was born.

Michael Mrozek
Not many guys do know Michael by his real name - he's mostly known as EvilDragon in the various communities.
Living in Ingolstadt in Bavaria, Gemany, he's responsible for many small things in the Pandora projects. Helping out here and there, e.g. creating the renderings from Daves case data, creating some videos, posting news, testing the firmware and giving back ideas, talk with the community, the devs, etc.

In his real life, he does produce spots and clips for TV and cinema, however, since he was a child, he loved gaming consoles and therefore collects them. Quite a few years ago he got a GP32 - and from that day on, became an active member of gp32x.de (and shortly after a moderator).
Half a year later, he created the GP32x File Archive - a download archive where ALL GP32 Homebrew games could be browsed with description and pictures, sorted into various categories. This was really a good thing for the GP32 and sales went up.

Later, when GPH announced the gp2x, he decided to try to establish a german community and open up a shop here. It all went well. The shop is known for its great service.
Always working together with Craig, he was also one of the guys who said "let's try doing our own handheld".
The most interesting project (and the one which cause him the most sleepless nights) so far for him yet.

M. Fatih KILIC
Mehmet Fatih KILIC is known as "mfk" in various Turkish Communities and GP32X Boards. He lives in Istanbul, Turkey. He majored International Finance and his speciality is Foreign Trade Consultancy. He's mainly repsonsible of sourcing parts and making contacts with companies in Pandora project.

In year 2005, He started to sell GP2X after the release of the device and organized the Turkish community. He made a lot of modifications, developed a break out board and adopted GP2X cards to a lot of different industrial applications with his team. As Turkish Distributor of GP2X, He met with Craig and EvilDragon. They went to S.Korea in search for a better GP2X and came back with "Pandora" on their mind.

Fatih has always been a great fan of computers and game consoles. He started his journey with an old-good MSX. He loved Amiga and joined some demo groups as a musician. He still enjoys composing music with trackers and he's still a member of legendary demoscene team "Bronx". He has a collection of retro-computers and game consoles.

Working in the same industry since 2001, he became an expert in CCTV field. He consults distributors in Turkey and manufacturers in countries like China, S. Korea and Taiwan. He plays an active role in developing new products and services in this field. His articles are being published in important industrial magazines worldwide.

Even he's quite busy, he always finds time to play guitar, develop professional web based applications, travel a lot, learn something new and enjoy his life.

cpasjuste
Besides lots of porting and nub testing, cpasjuste did code the minimal menu with lots of nice eyecandy, PND and PXML-Support for the Pandora.

DJWillis
DJWillis is the one who brought the Angström OS to the Pandora!
He also did quite a few of the driver hacking work - and provides the team with regular snapshots of the Pandora OS.

DaveC
DaveC designed the complete case and keymat for the Pandora! He's pretty much known in the gp32x.de boards for his mods (like the DPAD Mod for the gp2x F100).
He's a bit of a perfectionist - which was the case we wanted him in the team for the case! Designing a good DPad isn't easy, but you can be sure if it's DaveC approved, it has to be good.

notaz
notaz is a real soft- and hardware pro. He loves Assembler more than any other language - and there's not a single software issue I haven't seen him solving it.
He is the author of Picodrive, the best Genesis emulator out there for ARM handhelds - and he helped us a lot with the low-level software development of the Pandora (basically, he did work on all the drivers...)
The Pandora wouldn't rock as much without him!

Skeezix
Together with Vimacs, Skeezix did most of the work on libpnd, the library which handles PXML and .PND.
Skeezix is also one of those guys who has been in the scene for quite a long time, he is best known for his Atari ST Emulator Outcast / Castaway in the GP32 / gp2x-Community. And for his really cool game Battlejewels.

Squidge
Squidge does know a lot about hardware and software - and therefore he helped us testing various devboards and SoCs from the very beginning.

Scott Smith
Scott Smith (known as Pickle) joined the community after discovering the GP2X. Soon after he began to support a number of application ports for the GP2X.
Shortly before the GPH Wiz released to the public development versions of the Wiz were sent out to help generate porting of existing software to the Wiz.

Scott was given one of these units and helped bring many of the existing GP2X software titles to the Wiz. One highlight of the Wiz development work was the first person shooter Quake 1 and 2. This was significant since it was using the opengl-es 1.1 hardware on the Wiz.

This brought the attention of some on the Pandora team, since at the time the only running opengl-es software on the Pandora were demos. As a result a development board was sent and shortly after Quake 1/2/3 were running on the Pandora using the SGX hardware. Other software was also ported to the Pandora as well, which most can be seen on Scott's youtube page. He also helped test out the analog nub's, which resulted in the first demo of them being used in Quake engines. Scott is currently working on helping to bring more software to the Pandora.

In real life Scott is a software engineer in the automotive field in Detroit, Michigan.

Vimacs
vimacs doesn't have a devboard yet, but also did help a lot with the .PND fileformat.

Gruso said:
If we're showing support, might as well do a shout out to the whole team. :) It's more than just the usual suspects who have put the last two years of their life into the project, but some seem to go unnoticed. Taken from the About Us page:
Consider it quoted then :)

+1

I aggree, I don't think any one of the nay-sayers or I could've done what the team has done. the fact that compete strangers have come together to push a product into the market is unbeleavable. it shows great communication and commitment.
I hope the pandora is not far from release, to stay fresh/relevant in the tech market.
i hope the best of luck for the guys and gals of the project for the next few months that the pandora is released enjoied and progresses into a recognised format within the world.

im glad the handheld gaming scene is being taken seriously now rather than existing on a GameBoy only scene im glad theres this pressure from the little guys helping to progress technology and push ideas and development forward. :)

lots of love and hope for the future!

Gruso said:
Respect to all of them and even to You. I'm hoping for having Pandora soon. Impatient but still trusting this Guys.

In 2007, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the OP-Team.

Iorgy77 said:
In 2007, a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. They promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the OP-Team.

thought you were talking about the Gizmondo CEOs then...
nice avatar btw :p

Nice to see a positive thread, and I agree with the sentiment.

But I can't support the forum equivalent of chain-letter spam.

Iorgy77 said:

OT
ahhhh The A-Team ...one of my fav series ....

Kagato said:
But I can't support the forum equivalent of chain-letter spam.
I don't know if I understand correctly because I really need more education in English language but I think that one supporting thread isn't "forum equivalent of chain-letter spam". I take it as salutes to people that have merit in such project. What's more I hope that such morale support give him power to stay and reach objective.

Back