Release Scummvm: Unofficial Test “1.1.1” Release For The Openpandora.

DJWillis

Random GP32/GP2X/Wiz & Pandora Moocher
Website
www.distant-earth.com
Anyone,

I have just uploaded a "work in progress" test release of ScummVM for the OpenPandora to my site.

More details, install notes and a download can be found at http://scummvm.dista...th.com/wp/?p=89

Everything is pretty much working well but a lot of the optimisation and OpenPandora specific stuff is not enabled in this build.
More builds will follow when I get back from a few days away (so late next week).

Thanks - I've been looking forward to this! I hope other developers will follow suit and make their "rough" builds available. I don't think anyone is expecting 100% working, polished software at this stage. Let's see what you've got ;-)

Tripmonkey_uk said:
Awesome! One of the first things I'm going to test out when I get my Pandora.
Cheers Mr Willis :)

same here :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work, been looking forward to this for a while. Will eagerly test it out when my machine arrives...

Glad to see that Curse of Monkey Island works, this was broken on the version I had for the Beagleboard.

Quick feedback: After a bit of finding the right files, I just tested Broken sword 1 (with intro cutscenes), works perfectly, and Day of the tentacle, also works great.

I did have one oddity with bs1, namely that the cursor was offset all of a sudden: I held my stylus at one point at the screen, and the cursor was (in my case) to the left & bottom. This may have something to do with switching between fullscreen and not-fullscreen, which happened as I was trying to find the menu to switch on subtitles :)

How come that the pnd file is about 16MB while packaged in a zip just ~6MB? I thought .pnd files were supposed to be greatly compressed already?

Anyway, this is probably the first thing i'll try on my pandora when i get it, can't wait to finally play monkey island 3 on a portable :)

Wolfsclaw said:
How come that the pnd file is about 16MB while packaged in a zip just ~6MB? I thought .pnd files were supposed to be greatly compressed already?

Anyway, this is probably the first thing i'll try on my pandora when i get it, can't wait to finally play monkey island 3 on a portable :)
PND files can be either ISO (uncompressed) or squashFS (compressed).
ISO is easier to make. I tried making a squashFS one but it never seemed to work. Of course, that was me sending files to Skeezix rather than being able to figure out on any sort of Pandora of my own :(

Thanks for the feedback,

laurens said:
I did have one oddity with bs1, namely that the cursor was offset all of a sudden: I held my stylus at one point at the screen, and the cursor was (in my case) to the left & bottom. This may have something to do with switching between fullscreen and not-fullscreen, which happened as I was trying to find the menu to switch on subtitles :)

The oddness with the input seems to be caused by using the nubs (in mouse mode) when used along with the touchscreen, I think something is screwing up the cords inside of ScummVM (the offset when it goes wrong seems quite consistent). Fixing it is on the TODO along with getting the bugs out of the new input code as a whole ;).

Wolfsclaw said:

It's an uncompressed ISO not a compressed SquashFS package (as others have mentioned).
It was easier for me to work with and get running so you will have to live with it for now ;).

laurens said:
...I just tested Broken sword 1 (with intro cutscenes), works perfectly...

Laurens you just made my day, I have been wishing to complete Broken Sword once my Pandora arrives but I was afraid it will take a long time before a playable version of Scummvm is out :)

sehs33 said:
laurens said:
...I just tested Broken sword 1 (with intro cutscenes), works perfectly...

Laurens you just made my day, I have been wishing to complete Broken Sword once my Pandora arrives but I was afraid it will take a long time before a playable version of Scummvm is out :)

Just so you know: I downloaded http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/Sword1_DXA_Cutscenes.zip?download , but I also needed the ogg pack: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/Sword1_OGG_Cutscenes.zip?download and I removed the flacfiles, as it seems as if those weren't working.

FYI, by now I also tried Zak McRacken, and sam & max, also work fine.

DJWillis said:
The oddness with the input seems to be caused by using the nubs (in mouse mode) when used along with the touchscreen, I think something is screwing up the cords inside of ScummVM (the offset when it goes wrong seems quite consistent). Fixing it is on the TODO along with getting the bugs out of the new input code as a whole ;) .

That's funny. In this video, you can see someone having a similar problem in DOSbox.

Is it possible it's related to the screen ratio?

What are the default controls? I tried monkey island to test but couldn't get past tittle screen after hitting every button on the pandora.

Back