Release Scummvm: “1.2.0 Preview 1” For The Openpandora.

Confirmed, the issue was with the lowered resolution files and now everything is great; thanks a lot DJWillis!

Just wanted to say thank you for this awesome release and all the work you put in it! :)
Thanks to you scummvm now runs great; no more decalibration! Hooray!

Thanks,

Any bugs to report?

It's getting close to the cut off point for the 1.2.0 release and I have hit the point where just about every obvious bug I spotted has been squashed, that said my testing time is limited so if anyone has spotted anything now is the time to let me know ;).

John

DJWillis said:
Thanks,

Any bugs to report?

It's getting close to the cut off point for the 1.2.0 release and I have hit the point where just about every obvious bug I spotted has been squashed, that said my testing time is limited so if anyone has spotted anything now is the time to let me know ;) .

John

Are you interested in knowing about SCI related bugs? I experienced a few crashes playing Kings Quest V on GP2X F-200. I can provide more details later if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
pder said:
DJWillis said:
Thanks,

Any bugs to report?

It's getting close to the cut off point for the 1.2.0 release and I have hit the point where just about every obvious bug I spotted has been squashed, that said my testing time is limited so if anyone has spotted anything now is the time to let me know ;) .

John

Are you interested in knowing about SCI related bugs? I experienced a few crashes playing Kings Quest V on GP2X F-200. I can provide more details later if you are interested.

Very interested, can you post them as comments to the GPH release thread or blog post? (so I keep track as the GPH devices all share code, the OP backend is another set of code all together).
Also interested if you can show steps to reproduce issues and note if they occur on the desktop versions (Mac, Windows, x86 Linux etc. etc.).

Got my replacement Pandora, so of course one of the first new emulators I ran was this version, and guess what? I got the same problem that I had with my previous one, in that Scummvm couldn't locate any of the games on my SD card! This time I decided to simple delete all the old files and start again on a fresh card, now everything seems to work great so far! Thanks again for all your work, it's greatly appreciated!

Stouffa said:
Got my replacement Pandora, so of course one of the first new emulators I ran was this version, and guess what? I got the same problem that I had with my previous one, in that Scummvm couldn't locate any of the games on my SD card! This time I decided to simple delete all the old files and start again on a fresh card, now everything seems to work great so far! Thanks again for all your work, it's greatly appreciated!

Not sure what got messed up. My guess would be something in the extraction or pathing of the engine plugins, maybe a config file in appdata that was bad (each new release is setup to pull in the config of older released if you just update the .PND).

Glad it's working now anyway. I take it you don't still have the pandora/appdata/scummvm folder from before you wiped the SD do you?

DJWillis said:
Stouffa said:

Not sure what got messed up. My guess would be something in the extraction or pathing of the engine plugins, maybe a config file in appdata that was bad (each new release is setup to pull in the config of older released if you just update the .PND).

Glad it's working now anyway. I take it you don't still have the pandora/appdata/scummvm folder from before you wiped the SD do you?

I don't have it here, as I've deleted it from my Pandora, but I think I've probably still got it on my home PC. I did a full back up of my main SD card a while back when my Pandora went into rehab! Are there any files from within there that might be of use to you?

Stouffa said:
I don't have it here, as I've deleted it from my Pandora, but I think I've probably still got it on my home PC. I did a full back up of my main SD card a while back when my Pandora went into rehab! Are there any files from within there that might be of use to you?

A zip of the whole appdata/scummvm folder would be great if you have it ;). Either way, I hope its not a bug as 1.2.0 is cast in stone now.

DJWillis said:
Stouffa said:

A zip of the whole appdata/scummvm folder would be great if you have it ;) . Either way, I hope its not a bug as 1.2.0 is cast in stone now.

I'll see what I can find tomorrow and get it sent on to you! I don't think it's a problem with this version, as I had tge same issue with previous one(but the original version worked fine). It's probably the fact that I didn't think to clear out the folder before running the new version!!;). As a forum noob I assume I can send you on a zip file if I pm you directly, right?

Never really played scummvm but gf wanted to play monkey island (the new one) so I thought great time to try the old ones, really impressed at how polished this was took a while to realised you can hold L and tap for right click, Music,speech, screen spot on,
Thanks alot for this it will keep me busy for along time I think.

Hi! I really, really enjoy scummvm on pandora. I've almost played through Broken Sword 1, but i came across a problem. If I try to save more than 32 savegames, scummvm grinds to a halt and I need to reboot. Haven't tried this extensively, but saving in slot 31/32 (don't remember) causes the pandora to be unresponsive. Saving over older savegames works fine.

Don't know if this is Broken Sword specific, or scummvm generic.

i keep having a problem too, but i think it might just be me.

this comes up in the log file

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 37: ././runscummvm.sh: Permission denied

and then it wont load up

:-/

RenegadeChic said:
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 37: ././runscummvm.sh: Permission denied

and then it wont load up

:-/

Same here. Have you tried starting as root?

Code:
aptera:~$ sudo pnd_run scummvm-1.2.0-op.pnd

I don't know why - but it worked for me.

egmont01 said:
Same here. Have you tried starting as root?

Code:
aptera:~$ sudo pnd_run scummvm-1.2.0-op.pnd

I don't know why - but it worked for me.

nah i reflashed and it worked along with a few other programs. frustrating solution but a solution nonetheless!

DJWillis, thank you for ScummVM on the Pandora!

One small bug only: The link to ScummVM shows up in "other" when using the standard XCFE desktop on the Pandora, would be nice if you could put it in "Emulators" next time :)

zapman said:

One small bug only: The link to ScummVM shows up in "other" when using the standard XCFE desktop on the Pandora, would be nice if you could put it in "Emulators" next time :)

It's not an emulator so that's not going to happen ;) .

Inside the PXML it is actually setup as follows

Code:
    <categories>
      <category name="Game">
	<subcategory name="Adventure Games"/>
      </category>
    </categories>

I'll take a look at why it gets stuck in the 'Other' bucket in Xfce sometime, I just use the desktop icon out of habit so had not noticed ;) .

DJWillis said:
zapman said:

It's not an emulator so that's not going to happen ;) .

Inside the PXML it is actually setup as follows

Code:
    <categories>
      <category name="Game">
	<subcategory name="Adventure Games"/>
      </category>
    </categories>

I'll take a look at why it gets stuck in the 'Other' bucket in Xfce sometime, I just use the desktop icon out of habit so had not noticed ;) .

... because according to Freedesktop standards, the subcategory is called "AdventureGame". :)

Last edited:
Back