Release Scummvm: “1.2.0 Preview 1” For The Openpandora.

I'm having a bit of a problem with Discworld. I can't save a game in it (in the ScummVM menu, the save option is greyed out). Also, when I started controlling Rincewind, I picked up the money bag from his closet in the first room, and I can't figure out how to put it down. It just stays on my cursor. This also means that when I click on something, instead of interacting with it, Rincewind says "that doesn't make sense" because he thinks I want to use the money bag with it.

I also tried Loom. That works great.

EDIT: Ok, I found this post from last July:
DiscWorld works fine in scummvm apart from you can't use the built-in save option. You have to use DW's native one, which makes the game crash unless you make a 'save' folder in the main DW directory.

I'd still like to know about why I couldn't put down the item...

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out - I have to click on Rincewind. :unsure:

Also, I figured out the control scheme for ScummVM Pandora... A=left click, B=right click, Enter=double-click (or just hit A quickly 2 times), X=ScummVM menu, Y=change touchscreen settings

I guess it may seem obvious, but it's hard to figure out what the controls are for a software when it is on something with as many buttons and input mechanisms as the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see this announced anywhere, but it looks like there's a new version, 1.2.1:
http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,20,295

Actually, it looks like it's been available since Dec. 30, but nobody noticed:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/scummvm/files/scummvm/1.2.1/

Thanks a lot for this port, DJWIllis, ScummVM is such a great and clean piece of software. I played through "The Curse of Monkey Island", "The Feeble Files" and "The 7th Guest" without any problems at all, and they look really amazing on the Pandora screen.

I have found one error: The game "Lost in Time" is scaled incorrectly. The title screen is high resolution, but the actual game is not and takes place on a quarter of the screen. This happens with both the CD version and the Floppy version.

And I have a suggestion. I really love using the "Hover mode" in combination with the A+B buttons as mousebuttons, but this means I have to hold the stylus in my left hand. Would it be possible to give an option to switch the functions of the dpad and the game buttons for right-handed people?

In brief words, I'd like to thank everyone who worked in ScummVM, obviously, but specially DJWillis for this top quality port.

Congratulations! ^_^

It's been by far the best experience I've had in the Pandora so far.
Installed it painfully, ran without a hiccup, played THE DIG from start to end.
The Pandora is by far the best portable device to play ScummVM on; DJWillis has made it a terrific experience.

I really didn't find a thing that could make the experience any better than this, other than Lazafar's suggestion on copying the abxy buttons functions over to the dpad, it's a really good one.

Bump -- hey DJWillis. Once again - thanks for the excellent port. Any chance of a refresh with the latest version of SCummVM? The bugfixes to the SCI games would be excellent.

MooTheKow said:
Bump -- hey DJWillis. Once again - thanks for the excellent port. Any chance of a refresh with the latest version of SCummVM? The bugfixes to the SCI games would be excellent.

You should be using the official 1.2.1 release not this ancient 1.2.0 test release ;).

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scummvm/scummvm-1.2.1-openpandora.zip?download

That said, a 1.3.* release is coming but personal time constraints (well work really) mean it may not get done till 1.3.1 is released. It really depends on me finding a few solid hours to nail some outstanding bugs and that just does not seem to be happening at the moment. Same thing applies to the GPH devices :(.

DJWillis said:
MooTheKow said:

You should be using the official 1.2.1 release not this ancient 1.2.0 test release ;) .

http://prdownloads.s...ra.zip?download

That said, a 1.3.* release is coming but personal time constraints (well work really) mean it may not get done till 1.3.1 is released. It really depends on me finding a few solid hours to nail some outstanding bugs and that just does not seem to be happening at the moment. Same thing applies to the GPH devices :( .

Think I was using 1.2.1 .. think I must have just missed that thread when searching the forums for the ScummVM thread. Understand about the time constraints -- have plenty of my own. So just know I appreciate what you do and that you do it at all... so thanks!

Thanks for the great port. I finally got to play I must Scream & I have no Mouth.
Any chance you can update to 1.4.0 ? I've been looking forward to playing Lands of Lore.
Keep up the great work !

Back