Release Scummvm: Unofficial Test “1.1.1” Release For The Openpandora.

i copied my scummvm pnd to /pandora/apps but it does not want to run like all the other pnds i've tried. got uae, snes, wesnoth all working fine its just scummvm and mame does the same thing. green loading light flashes and nothing. anyone else having the same problem or am i doing something stupid?

naples39 said:
What are the default controls? I tried monkey island to test but couldn't get past tittle screen after hitting every button on the pandora.
IIRC F5 will take you to the in-game menu (load, save, etc.).

Mutilator said:
i copied my scummvm pnd to /pandora/apps but it does not want to run like all the other pnds i've tried. got uae, snes, wesnoth all working fine its just scummvm and mame does the same thing. green loading light flashes and nothing. anyone else having the same problem or am i doing something stupid?
Have a look in /tmp/pndrun<package name> to see what's going wrong. (The latest MAME package should actually show you the contents of this file automatically if it bombs out.)

Last edited by a moderator:
SteveM said:
naples39 said:
What are the default controls? I tried monkey island to test but couldn't get past tittle screen after hitting every button on the pandora.
IIRC F5 will take you to the in-game menu (load, save, etc.).

Mutilator said:
Have a look in /tmp/pndrun<package name> to see what's going wrong. (The latest MAME package should actually show you the contents of this file automatically if it bombs out.)

I reflashed my pandora as it seemed to be a permissions error, everything works perfect now scummmvm and mame :D thank you for the help SteveM.

The Curse Of the monkey Island worked perfectly and looked really beautiful. Nice release!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk-pzp6aboc

Gaeryc said:
The Curse Of the monkey Island worked perfectly and looked really beautiful. Nice release!

Thanks for the video, I gave up doing OpenPandora videos as my video camera is dire ;).

Glad people are enjoying it, happy to get some feedback on what sort of features people would like to see.

Gaeryc said:

That's insane... I think that's probably going to be one of the first things I try out when I get my system.

I never completely beat that game...

Esn said:
That's insane... I think that's probably going to be one of the first things I try out when I get my system.

I never completely beat that game...

Lol, neither did i until i saw the topic that scummvm was ported last week. It got me thinking about Monkey Island, that in turn made me dig up my old disks (and eventually i still downloaded it after finding out one of the disks was corrupt) Been 2 fun days ;) now it's finished though, so gotta find another scumm game to try on the Panda once it arrives. EDIT: Scratch that, i was talking about the Secret of Monkey island, not the curse, looking amazing though! :)

On topic: Thanks for the port!!

Cheers

I played monkey island on my iPod. Was wonderful..

Anyways... for some reason scummvm doesn't load now. It worked the first time but now every time I try to load a game it crashes.

Edit: I think I have an idea why it crashed. I think that when I changed my SD card it lost where the game files were located.

To further the offset cursor error - HQ2X scaling messes up the cursor position for touchscreen.
Also tapping outside of the aspect ratio correct game area(i.e. clicking the black void...) creates the offset touchscreen cursor.

Stuff to add? Um not sure seems to do what it says on the tin, just bugs to squash?

Anyone figured out all the controls for "The Dig" - just wondering If I'm missing a few?

D pad, plus enter as the main button or move to the left on the right nub
fn and I or Shift and I I think bring up the inventory - or just hover over the little I, right move on the right numb to close inventory (or hover again over the I icon to close it again if that makes sense)

Hmm, maybe we should have a seperate games thread for stuff like this, I feel like I'm taking the thread off course a little.

Been playing through Full Throttle. Has worked very well (other than the touchscreen/mouse desync issues also in dosbox) but I'm at the part where you steal the ramp from the cave bikers and it keeps crashing out. :(

This is one of the few things i have yet to get working on my Pandora...i have it working on my Gizmondo....strange, same game files, when i browse to the folders it wont recognize them as compatible...need to have a look at this later.
Well finished work , and dl a newer version 26th may and this one works, great stuff!

Yeah there is a bug in where you locate the games and power off the pandora, then it doesn't remember the paths, not sure if it does the same if u change sd cards, but it's just something to be aware of :)

If DJWillis is still reading, I got past the crash point because I evidently wasn't doing the right thing. The emu works if you advance the story, but one of failure/death scenes at that point causes ScummVM to crash.

Hi DJWillis. This is one of my favourite apps so far! not much I would like to see added apart from the mouse offset bug being fixed and full screen scaling.

Long live Scumm games and ScummVM

Thanks for all your hard work :)

Yeah cant wait for hotfix 3 to fix that sd card issue so the paths will stay the same!
Am currently playing simon the sorceror and goblins 3, a bit of lok too (ok 3 adventures at the same time is a bit greedy!)

jaycee900 said:
Yeah cant wait for hotfix 3 to fix that sd card issue so the paths will stay the same!
Am currently playing simon the sorceror and goblins 3, a bit of lok too (ok 3 adventures at the same time is a bit greedy!)

*bosbeetle scribbles simon the sorceror on his to play list :)

Back