Samsung 16Gb Class 6 Sdhc Card Play.com Uk

Prometheus said:
This doesn't sound kosher to me. A Verbatim 32GB Class 6 SDHC Card sold by Amazon themselves is almost £60 - how would a third-party seller, who I would wager most people haven't heard of, be able to undercut this price whilst offering a better card? The notion of selling a genuine 32GB Class 10 card for £38 seems strange to me, as this price appears to represent an enormous monetary loss, given the fact that the profit margins on genuine capacity flash media are actually quite slim.

My conclusion is that I would personally avoid this, because, as Tor notes, fakes have been sold via third-party sellers on some genuine retailers' sites.
You can get 32GB cards for that price, just not quality ones. The A-Data cards sell for around £35 (55 USD, example).

It could be a cheaper brand that's been relabeled. There are a lot of different scams out there besides outright fakes. Some scammers sell working, but low-quality cards, or sell used ones as new.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a fair point, indeed - although I think it's worth noting that what I've found seems to indicate that a Class 6 32GB A-Data card is actually closer to £50 in the UK.

I find that a bit hard to believe. In Sweden; with a VAT at 25%, I can find Class 6 32GB A-DATA cards for ~£32.

How can it be that much more expensive in the UK?

I haven't a clue, but I guess the old phrase "Rip-off Britain" exists for a reason. :lol:

EDIT: I should note that I can't seem to find A-Data stuff particularly easily for some reason, so it's not too easy to get a good idea of what their stuff usually sells for here.

Thanks MegamanPrometheus, just letting you know I got the refund and we mutually cancelled the transaction on eBay.
I was one of the luckier ones, and my pro-activeness actually (finally!) paid off for something.

I know this might seem like a dumb question, where can I find a similar microSD card (any brand, any quality, I don't care) that's a 32GB and has Class 6, online?
How much am I looking at forking out?

The reason I ask is because I've gotten a SGS and a Milestone as a gift, and I want to off load heaps of ROMs for emulators on to it. There are none 32GB microSD's available to buy anywhere local (Sydney), and so I must resort to the internet (one that ships to Australia). And the best one available locally is a 16GB microSD Class 4 which costs AU$130 (rip off!!).

I'm sorry to say that I don't know the Australian market all that well, so I don't know of any online stores that I could direct you to. Sorry. :(

Just wanted to say that Transcend 16gb class 10 cards are back at play.com for £17.29

http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/16596517/Transcend-16GB-SDHC-Class-10-Memory-Card/Product.html

I bought it at £17.99 when it came back, without the discount code on it. It's very good, quicker than my Class 4 and Class 6 (rather obviously) and such a bargain. Very good quality. I'd buy another one, but I think that'd be excessive as the Pandora is the only thing I own that uses full size SD cards.

Back