Some Good Prices On 16gb Sdhc Cards For Your Pandora

I'm hoping we will see 64GB soon, 128GB in my Pandora makes me laugh, my first PC had 500MB. My Amiga had 2MB + about 1000 floppy disks. My Spectrum a 128K 'Microdrive' thing + about 10 tapes.

Thinking about this my current laptop only has 32GB. I could put my complete computer history on the Pandora with 128GB. Weird.

craigix said:
Thinking about this my current laptop only has 32GB. I could put my complete computer history on the Pandora with 128GB. Weird.

My current laptop has 40, but my house has over 3.1TB of storage, I can't imagine getting by with less then 1TB.

My first drive was 2gb. It was like 400$ too! Crazy how far we have come.

Last edited by a moderator:
My personal PC (not the main one, that is for all the family) has a 4GB storage... What should I say? :D

I think that two 8 GB cards are enough for me....

P.S: My PC also has 300Mhz... Cannot buy another one...

giovanni said:
My personal PC (not the main one, that is for all the family) has a 4GB storage... What should I say? :D

I think that two 8 GB cards are enough for me....

P.S: My PC also has 300Mhz... Cannot buy another one...
Awww.

I wish I could afford to buy you a PC! I've smashed up computers more powerful!

I think of 2x16G class 6.. but it all may change.. since in Russia there is seem to be no 32G class 6 cards... only class 4 and for around 90 quid at current exchange rate. And 16Gb class 6 card will cost you only 20 quid. Quite a difference...

And BTW my first HDD was Maxtor 20mB in 5'25 =) soon changed to 40mb IBM 3'5 one.

My ancient Tablet PC had a 30GB hard disk.
My new laptop is just over a year old, it came with an 80GB hard disk.
I have an old 160GB PATA in an enclosure that I used to back it up.
Just recently, I got a 320GB internal for my laptop, so I haven't used the external drive in forever.

And my Pentium II SSH server has no hard drive. It just doesn't seem to want to work with them, so it doesn't have one. :3

Ironically, the SD cards I own and intend to use on my Pandora are only 1 and 2 GB. But I'll probably plug in my 160 external or stream crap from my laptop's 320 a lot..

I picked up a couple of 16 GB Kingston cards on boxing day last month for only 20 CAD each. I haven't been able to find a similar deal since.
For hard drives, I picked up a couple of 1TB external drives also on boxing day for only 120 each.
Boxing day makes my gadgety heart swim and my wallet scream in pain. But less pain than if it weren't boxing day.
My first computer that didn't use audio tape storage was a top of the line 286 with a 40 meg hard drive. That really takes me back.

craigix said:
What are the latest 32GB prices?
Cheapest here (US) is about $80 for a Patriot (class 4). Average is about $100 (also class 4). I haven't really seen any class 6's around yet.

craigix said:
I'm hoping we will see 64GB soon, 128GB in my Pandora makes me laugh
I think that someone will have to work around the specs to pull this off, kind of like they did with the standard SD format that topped out at 2gb. I know Transend put out a 4gb regular SD card. Someday we'll get there. The crazy thing will be if SDXC is doable through a driver update. We could end up having 4tb in our Pandora's in a few years.

Hotcooler said:
I think of 2x16G class 6.. but it all may change.. since in Russia there is seem to be no 32G class 6 cards... only class 4 and for around 90 quid at current exchange rate. And 16Gb class 6 card will cost you only 20 quid. Quite a difference...
Yeah, there's still a big gap between the two here in the US too. Class 6 hasn't quite hit the market yet for the big ones and the 16gb cards are about a third of the price. Having two SDHC slots will be awesome.

craigix said:
my first PC had 500MB. My Amiga had 2MB + about 1000 floppy disks. My Spectrum a 128K 'Microdrive' thing + about 10 tapes.
WizardStan said:
My first computer that didn't use audio tape storage was a top of the line 286 with a 40 meg hard drive. That really takes me back.
Mine was a 386 with a 40mb. Ah, the days of zipping files in order to make them fit on your computer.

Tape drives...even better. Nothing like waiting 35 minutes for Zaxxon to load (TRaSh 80). And people complain about load times on the PS3 and 360. :)

You guys were so spoiled, my first first PC had a 12mb hard-disk. I only upgraded it in 1999!

craigix said:
I'm hoping we will see 64GB soon, 128GB in my Pandora makes me laugh
I think that someone will have to work around the specs to pull this off, kind of like they did with the standard SD format that topped out at 2gb. I know Transend put out a 4gb regular SD card. Someday we'll get there. The crazy thing will be if SDXC is doable through a driver update. We could end up having 4tb in our Pandora's in a few years.

Isn't SDHC good for 2TB?

I can't see write speeds being too important in a device like this, am I wrong? Is class 6 worth the extra?

yes at CES they showed 2 Terrabyte SDHC cards

But

I bet they will cost a fortune - expect the initial ones to be over £200 mark
Will the applicable linux OS be capable of addressing beyond 64GB?

Class 6 is worth the extra - the speeds for things like video playback and normal read/write are faster - but .. it depends on make of card and read/write speed of card

RajTakhar said:
yes at CES they showed 2 Terrabyte SDHC cards

But

I bet they will cost a fortune - expect the initial ones to be over £200 mark
Will the applicable linux OS be capable of addressing beyond 64GB?

Class 6 is worth the extra - the speeds for things like video playback and normal read/write are faster - but .. it depends on make of card and read/write speed of card
got a source for a 2TB SD Card?

clippa said:
I can't see write speeds being too important in a device like this, am I wrong? Is class 6 worth the extra?
A class 2 is a little slower than a DVD at 2x speed. It would take on average about 2-3 seconds to fully load a 5 minute MP3, and 1 or 2 seconds to load an SNES game (although the software itself probably can't load it that fast. Loading things off the slower card should not cause any problems.
Where a class 6 card would be useful is copying things on. A class 6 has a minimum speed of 6 MB/s, allowing you to copy an 800 meg movie to the card in less than 2 minutes, whereas a class 2 would require up to 6 minutes for the same movie. If you're like me, however, you'll select enough to fill the card, start the copy, and then walk away: whether it takes 5 minutes or 20 is no matter to me since I'm not there to watch it anyway.

clippa said:
So those class 4 play.com cards for £17 aren't worth bothering with? They're nice and cheap.
They're well worth the money, and in my personal experience are always reliable. :p

Back