Samsung 16Gb Class 6 Sdhc Card Play.com Uk

Same here, in packing....

Slightly off topic, but when you get the class 6 card for the Pandora, what files would you store on this card, and which files would you feel better suited to say a class 4 type card ? I realise such things as Spectrum, Atari, Commodore 64 etc games would be fine on slower cards, but wondered what file types you would have bought this type of card for, to get the most out of it.

back up to £35
was just about to buy, :(
as i received my shipping email :)

still decent price, but the long deliveries are making me think twice, dont like play.com

GeneralZod said:
scottm said:
anyone received theirs yet? Mine has been sitting at packing for around 5 days :-(

Ditto :(

Just been posted (and the price of the order is still listed as £17.99 - I'll verify with my bank that that's how much they charged in a day or two) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Monow said:
Same here, in packing....

Slightly off topic, but when you get the class 6 card for the Pandora, what files would you store on this card, and which files would you feel better suited to say a class 4 type card ? I realise such things as Spectrum, Atari, Commodore 64 etc games would be fine on slower cards, but wondered what file types you would have bought this type of card for, to get the most out of it.

Use the card for files your going to be changing frequently, such as video and music files. You're not going to notice much difference in every day use between the cards, apart from perhaps firefox (cache), so most of the time will be saved when copying files too and from the device.

kaprikawn said:
You can now get a Transcend 16gb class 10 from amazon.co.uk for £22.50. I'd post the link but I'm posting from my phone.
Transcend 16GB SD Card (SDHC) - Class 10 £21.99
from MyMemory free delivery

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SDHC/Transcend/Transcend-16GB-SD-Card-(SDHC)---Class-10

saw it the other day, but not sure about transcend, are they decent
thanks

ALSO can the pandora act as a sd reader (usb client) yet, and its definitely SDHC
nee to know if i should buy the usb sdhc reader

emcp said:
ALSO can the pandora act as a sd reader (usb client) yet

Yes, it can. :)

Pleng said:
emcp said:
ALSO can the pandora act as a sd reader (usb client) yet

Yes, it can. :)
How
need CDC Composite Gadget drive for win7
no mass storage mode in system menu

also does the pandora only detect the second memory card if the first is inserted
because second slot not responding

thanks

The Mass Storage Mode option was added in one of the hotfixes - is your system up-to-date?

Prometheus said:
The Mass Storage Mode option was added in one of the hotfixes - is your system up-to-date?

Just updated, thanks
assumed my pandora wouldve been atleast hotfix 3 by default, obviously not
just worried about second slot now

emcp said:
Just updated, thanks
They're all being built with the original firmware still, from what I recall. There was a reason but I forget why.
Anywho, if you're comfortable with the terminal, insert your SD card in the second slot, open a terminal, and type "ls -l /dev/mmc*" and post the output. That'll tell us if the SD card is at least being recognized. As well, the output of "mount" could be helpful: it'll tell us where and how the SD card is mounted (assuming it's even being detected)

edit: oh, and the results of "dmesg" immediately after you've inserted the card would be helpful.

WizardStan said:
emcp said:
Just updated, thanks
They're all being built with the original firmware still, from what I recall. There was a reason but I forget why.
Anywho, if you're comfortable with the terminal, insert your SD card in the second slot, open a terminal, and type "ls -l /dev/mmc*" and post the output. That'll tell us if the SD card is at least being recognized. As well, the output of "mount" could be helpful: it'll tell us where and how the SD card is mounted (assuming it's even being detected)

edit: oh, and the results of "dmesg" immediately after you've inserted the card would be helpful.

It Suddenly starting working, after i typed out the mass of text, lol
anyway working now thanks for the help

emcp said:
That sounds like the opposite of a Schroedinbug. :lol:

emcp said:
There's gotta be a name for these weird things that sometimes just disappear for no real reason. "Quantum quirks" or something? It's broken until you try to observe it breaking, and suddenly it's working again.

I'm just testing out the Samsung card now it's performing better than my other two Class 4 cards, although they're using ext2 and not FAT, which means it's probably not an apples to apples comparison. I thought ext2 might be better but I appear to have more free formatted space from FAT so I think I'll just use that from now on on all my cards. I was very impressed with the packaging, you get a little silicon case for the SD card. I'm transferring some large files onto the card now and it's dropped down to 8.5MB/sec which is twice what I was seeing on my other two cards. Wish I bought another one of these, but there's always something else around the corner. Oh and the edges of the card are black, despite the silver top, so it won't ruin that all-black Pandora aesthetic if you've got other black SD cards.

Back