Play Sd Card

Also, the rebate's limited to 1 per household. Not much of a deal for a card from a company that ranks its cards by class rating.

Edit: Transcends are 20/12-14 MB/s r/w? If reliable people say that, I guess their cards are just as good as Sandisk's, at least in the Pandora.

adamorjames said:
Polossatik said:
pandora said:
You obviously didn't read his question properly: He wanted it to be as fast as possible. :huh:
:D
The A-data is Speed Rating: Class 6 , same as the one you link...

Class 6 cards are not all the same.

That SanDisk can read and write at 30 MB/s. The A-Data is like 6 MB/s or so..

The A-Data 16GB one is more like 12-14MB/sec writes, and 20+ MB/sec reads. Same for the Transcend 16GB, from the reviews I've seen.

Sandisk Ultras are guaranteed to about 22MB/sec. Most card readers peak somewhere around there. You need a quality card reader to get past roughly that. As someone pointed out, the Pandora will peak at around 15MB/sec. (maybe 18-20MB/sec once the drivers get sorted)

typs lik dis said:
Sandisk Extreme-III/IV cards are the best, fastest flash memory cards around. They've been verified to run 30 and 45 MB/s both ways, respectively. Also, class ratings are virtually meaningless; they only ensure bare minimum rates of 2/4/6 MB/s, which even worthless counterfeit crap from Hong Kong can reach. There're also tons of deals to make them affordable; I got three 8 GB extreme-IIIs for only $32 after rebate (which might still be useful if you can find them on an eligible site) from a recent slickdeals.net post. I already use an ultra-II MSPD (15 MB/s r/w, $52 on Newegg) in my PSP, and it kicks ass, so these should be even cooler.

Edit: Looks like extreme-IV speed isn't available in SDHC yet. Still, it's out there in CF cards for you to be jealous of the people who can afford it.

Truth. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2 of the play.com 16GB SD cards, and I'm pretty happy with them.
Here are two pictures of both read and write speed using the Hama 35-in-1 card reader using the errr Windows 7 2.5GB iso file <_< :ph34r:

Read
play-16gb-read.jpg

Write
play-16gb-write.jpg

Back