Rts Games On Pandora

Bosbeetle

Terminally lost
Website
Visit site
So I am new to the open source games communities but Ive been looking for some stuff. So I found this list of open source RTS games.

http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/5-best-free...-real-time.html

that seem to be reasonably good. (this is not a port request, ah well it is a little but probably people are working on it or might start some time)

But do you think the pandora would pull of a reasonable RTS with touchscreen support or would these things be to resource heavy for the more 3d type games like glest.

warcraft 2 would be nice also B) maybe via dosbox

Bosbeetle said:
So I am new to the open source games communities but Ive been looking for some stuff. So I found this list of open source RTS games.

http://www.junauza.com/2008/09/5-best-free...-real-time.html

that seem to be reasonably good. (this is not a port request, ah well it is a little but probably people are working on it or might start some time)

But do you think the pandora would pull of a reasonable RTS with touchscreen support or would these things be to resource heavy for the more 3d type games like glest.

The Pandora should be able to handle a reasonable RTS. Aside from that, I couldn't really draw you a line anywhere.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:

Adventus will port Wargus(Warcraft 2 OS replacement engine) to Pandora. But you still need to have a legal Warcraft 2 copy, because you need the original data files.

On the emulation front, I think Warcraft II needs a Pentium, which probably rules out DOSBox. There was a Warcraft II port for PlayStation, though I am not sure how well it compares to the original.

OldGamer said:
On the emulation front, I think Warcraft II needs a Pentium, which probably rules out DOSBox. There was a Warcraft II port for PlayStation, though I am not sure how well it compares to the original.
I've played Warcraft 2 on my N800 with wargus. No need to consider dosbox or psx-emu for it. Wargus supports touchscreen, what is absolutely necessary in an RTS IMO.

mali said:

Adventus will port Wargus(Warcraft 2 OS replacement engine) to Pandora. But you still need to have a legal Warcraft 2 copy, because you need the original data files.

I still have the game so I'll be waiting for wargus :) jippie

Someone on one of the message boards did a port of wz2100 for the Nokia tablets that ran passably (although if I remember correctly there were a few things I couldn't do on my n800 without a keyboard) -- so I'd think it ought to be a good candidate for a Pandora version.

If source became available, I would drool all over myself(more than usual) for Age of Empires 2 The Conquerors.

Love that game even more than curling. :)

Since it'll be able to emulate PS1, it'll be able to emulate Warzone 2100!
That's good enough for me!
But yeah, it has to get touch screen enabled.

Thunder said:
Since it'll be able to emulate PS1, it'll be able to emulate Warzone 2100!
Who said anything about "emulating" it. WZ2100 has source code and if it can be cleaned up slightly for touchscreen, it'd be pretty good.

In short, it looks like we'll be spoiled for choice when it comes to RTS games, thanks to the open-source titles plus Amiga, DOS and PlayStation emulators.
It's a pity I'm completely rubbish at RTS games. :lol:

Eniko said:
There's also always the mother of all RTSes: Dune 2 which I think should run just fine on Dosbox.
If not the Amiga version will almost certainly run fine!

Command and conquer 1 and 2?

stustaff said:
Eniko said:
There's also always the mother of all RTSes: Dune 2 which I think should run just fine on Dosbox.

I just hope I can get Red Alert running on my Pandora. (Possibly with the Aftermath data as well)

-God Ginrai

I am going to try my first real hard port by working on glest, I just hope it will run well enough.

God Ginrai said:
stustaff said:
Eniko said:

I just hope I can get Red Alert running on my Pandora. (Possibly with the Aftermath data as well)

-God Ginrai

Oh hell yeah red alert!

Back