Rot Season 1 Round 2 - Submit Scores Here - Deadline Feb 28 2011 (Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeezix

Internal Development
Website
www.codejedi.com
Dates -- we're going with two rounds per month and for ease of remembering -- first half/second half of month.
Season 1 Round 2 is last half of month.

Reply with your:

1) Game choice - pick one of the two games, your strongest one!
2) Score for the game - format like "SCORE NAME" so Scorekeep and copy-pasta: 10,000 CommanderTaco

On updating your score -- be sure to edit your post instead of making another post, makes it easier for the Scorekeep to tally things up. If you like, bold the latest score if you make a list, otherwise just wipe out your old score and put in the new one.

Games to submit scores for S2R2:

1) Contra (Hard Corps / Probotector) - Megadrive/Genesis - run and gun game; US or EU version only, not Japanese version (significantly easier.)
or
2) Parodius - PC/Engine/TurboGrafx - horizontal shmup

Scoring: Vicious scoring -- each game will be scored separately, and for each game only 1 person can be #1, 2 people can be #2, 3 people can be #3, 4 peopel can be #4, the rest all being #5.

Rules: No continues and no cheats and no save-states for your score submission (for your training runs, do whatever you want.) Use 60hz versions were possible.

Season 1 master post - game screenshots there: http://www.gp32x.de...rboard-scoring/

1zebhg6.jpg

parodius_08.png

jeff

Results:
Parodius
Code:
237.600 euro48k
 201,900 Jack Attack 500
 187,600  mal duffin
 182,300 MonkeyChops
 179,100 David Bowman 
 165,500 levi
 124,600 LGR
  99,100 Jasio
  88,800 mihcael
  61,300  Eight Bit
  57,500 skeezix

Contra
 330,031 Caine 
 295,023 Tickles 
 190,928 john4p 
  33,680 StarG 
  23,300 pickle

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize paroius was just like gradius. I used to play Gradius 3 on SNES all the time back in the day, I'm definitely going for that one even if I suck at it.

Did I mention that I love this league? :)

Woot, glad you dig it :)

I didn't read up on history but I always thought that after a few Gradius (Gradii?) they did Parodius as a joke ("Parody"), or maybe thats just how the name works out. Parodius is a great game in its own right.. if goofy and silly, but a classic shmup all the same.

I had Contra III on SNES and I understand Hard Corps is a sequal to that; I never 'got' Contra, so I'll go for Parodius myself I think :) (And got it in original Hucard I think, so may have to practice on my Turbo Express. But damn, is that a beast!)

Going to be another fun round I think :)

jeff

Ok, looks like I get the honor of posting the first score to get demolished :D

Parodius

89,700 MonkeyChops

Got to the dancing lady and she danced me to death :p

Hey pickle, does making my score big and blue help or will it make it harder for cut and paste action?

I'll put up an initial score as well that should be easily beaten :)

Parodious: 101,900

It's a very cool game so far, will just take time to spot the patterns etc.
Mal

Game: Parodius
Score: 99100 Jasio

Score: 80000 Jasio

My highest score is pretty low but I still have time to improve on it. That is if I can get past that crazy dancing girl.

Edit: score update.

So to kick off Contra:

100,199 Tickles

Should be pretty easy to beat; anyone gonna play with me or do I get all the points by default?
biggrin.gif

Edit:
Contra
206,323 Tickles
232,813 Tickles
259,988 Tickles
295,023 Tickles

Contra - Hard Corps:

33,530 john4p score improved

@skeezix: That screenshot is from Contra III (SNES). Maybe a pic from Contra - Hard Corps (MD/Gen) would be better to avoid confusion? ;)

Man, I'm loving Parodius! Haven't had a chance to give it a go before tonight. I managed to miss most of the Gradius series between the first game and Gradius V (plus a whole lot of Scramble before that), so it's great fun to fly the Vic Viper again!

Parodius Da!
102100 Levi

Tickles said:
So to kick off Contra:

100,199 Tickles

Should be pretty easy to beat; anyone gonna play with me or do I get all the points by default? :D
Sure, I'm game.

Contra

Caine

Sorry levi but Parodius is mine :p

Parodius

137,800 MonkeyChops

I'm finally get past the bimbo on a regular basis, is it just me or is this game much harder than gradius 3? The dancing girl is the same as the robot boss near the end the game and level 3 is very similar to later levels of gradius 3 also. Its like your starting gradius 3 at the end levels, the end levels of this game must be insane!

@Caine&Tickles: Who do you consider the best character: the man, the woman or the wolf (the tiny robot seems terrible)?

Heh, Monkeychops, looks like the fight is on. Personally I have the most trouble with the clown section before the dancing lady - it really shouldn't be a problem with a fully powered up ship, but for some reason I always catch a stray bullet towards the end of that section, which of course strips me of all my powerups and puts me back at the start of the clowns - gah! That's where I lose most of my lives, most of the time.

That said, I've only beaten the clowns and the dancing girl once, which is when I got that last score I posted.

john4p said:
@skeezix: That screenshot is from Contra III (SNES). Maybe a pic from Contra - Hard Corps (MD/Gen) would be better to avoid confusion? ;)
i agree. i first thought we're playing contra according the screenshot ... then i figured out contra hard corps is quite a different version.

@Tickles, did you reach that score with contra hard corps? i'm pretty astonished, couldnt get around 25000 point yet :)

crow_riot said:
john4p said:
i agree. i first thought we're playing contra according the screenshot ... then i figured out contra hard corps is quite a different version.

@Tickles, did you reach that score with contra hard corps? i'm pretty astonished, couldnt get around 25000 point yet :)
Hmm...maybe Caine and/or Tickles did really play Contra 3 (SNES).

Since skeezix doesn't seem to update this thread let's clear this up:

We don't play Contra 3 (SNES) or Contra (NES) this round.

We play Contra - Hard Corps for the Sega MegaDrive / Sega Genesis:

v4mh74.jpg

2j3mm1l.jpg

1zebhg6.jpg

If anyone played a Contra game that doesn't feature a playable werewolf and posted a score for that please erase it and start playing the MegaDrive game Contra - Hard Corps.

There's still a full week left for this round.

Yes I played Contra Hard Corps. Got my first high score with Sheena, the second one was with Fang.

The game isn't that hard.

Hey, don't improve too much! You're going to threaten my score if you keep this up.

Updated my score to 224.204.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back