[req] Bootsound: Deep Note

whmeh0

Still Fresh
I think it would be really cool if Deep Note (or similar, since it's copyrighted) were made into a bootsound for the GP2X. If you didn't know, Deep Note is that cool sound you hear while the THX logo comes on before a movie. This is Deep Note on the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office web site, if you still don't know what I'm talking about. Please someone make this!

Hmm... first off, we do not have enough time available to play this. I am not sure how many seconds a bootup soundfile can be, but certainly not as long as that.
Secondly, the THX sound only makes sense if you have a lot of bass coming out of your speakers. The gp2x speakers won`t handle it right. I think it will sound crappy.

Why don`t you try it yourself? Just ripp it from a dvd movie or something, cut it down to the supported length and then look how it sounds.

xnopasaranx posted on Sep 28 2006 at 05:55 PM said:
Hmm... first off, we do not have enough time available to play this. I am not sure how many seconds a bootup soundfile can be, but certainly not as long as that.
Secondly, the THX sound only makes sense if you have a lot of bass coming out of your speakers. The gp2x speakers won`t handle it right. I think it will sound crappy.

Why don`t you try it yourself? Just ripp it from a dvd movie or something, cut it down to the supported length and then look how it sounds.

The gp2x should've a 3rd speaker inside the case with a crossover filter. You probably noticed the sound sounds better when one of the speakers is covered with a finger (at least I think it is :p).

Would a third speaker draw too much current for the benefict of a sound with a little more bass?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruno posted on Sep 28 2006 at 08:19 PM said:
The gp2x should've a 3rd speaker inside the case with a crossover filter. You probably noticed the sound sounds better when one of the speakers is covered with a finger (at least I think it is :p).

Yes I had! but I have no idea about the extra speaker thingy =(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back