Release [Repo] UAE4ARM

I have no idea how to get rid of the limited mouse. The nubs didn't send new events when they think they reached the right or bottom border. This is handled inside SDL.When using the workbench, enable mousehack and use the stylus. This works also for games like Defender of the crown.
To switch custom control on/off, use left shoulder button + c (this is described in the readme).
Why not create an seperate config for Worms DC and one for Alien Breed 3D?
That shows how tired I am from shiftwork this week, I didn't think of separate configs! I've not tried that mousehack option yet. As for the custom controls I thought it was both shoulder buttons and c, there's my mistake!

Thanks again Tom for the clarification

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

When changing between saved configurations it displays the hard drives from the previous configuration. I also think there maybe other weird things happening when selecting hard drives. My configurations are 68040, is this that known bug back again ?

There is a new version in Repo. Most used source files are now very close to WinUAE version 2.5.1.

Changeslog 2016-08-22 (TomB):
- Performance improvement in JIT
- Faster HAM decoding
- Faster sprite drawing in AGA
- Left + right shoulder + r: switch lores/hires
- CD32 support
- Added CD32 buttons to custom control mapping
- CD32: support for FLAC and MP3 (Audio stutters at start because of high cpu usage for decoding.
Use frameskip or overclocking to avoid this. We need a second cpu core...)
- New inputdevice handling
- Built-in configurations for Amiga 500, Amiga 1200 and CD32
- JIT: fixed code for non ARMv6T2 CPUs (not relevant for Pandora)
- Avoid audio delays in some games/demos
- Automatic switch of freshrate for programmed NTSC/PAL mode change
- Bugfix in JIT which sometimes caused seg faults when enter gui
- Savestates enabled for HD and CD configurations (maybe unstable)
- Optimized with profiler
- Added option "waiting blits" from WinUAE
- Border sprites (tested with Speris Legacy)
- CPU fastest: automatic timing adjust to reduce stutter

Changes since last beta:
- Border sprites (tested with Speris Legacy)
- CPU fastest: automatic timing adjust to reduce stutter

Attachments

• uae4arm_src.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 429
Thanks, although it still seems like CPU Fastest (when JIT is OFF) is the slowest! For example, (on Android) it was possible to load the A500 floppy version of Indianapolis 500 and set the CPU to fastest to make it play really smooth, like you can on WinUAE. I don't know if the Pandora is fast enough for you to notice this, but it used to work on Android some versions ago. I don't know if its an Android only bug.

Also, in most cases should we leave 'wait for blitter' ON all the time ? I noticed WinUAE only turns this option off when using cycle-exact on 68000.

Last edited:
The handling of vsync has changed in latest version and the Android port needs some changes to get correct results. The Pandora version handles CPU fastest as before. This has nothing to do with the speed of the host. My Pandora runs at 1GHz, so most Android devices are faster.

Just sharing: In both rpi and android, we have some glitches in starstruck following merge of this latest update...

A4000HDD-2.png

I am impressed with the mouse hack in UAE4ARM - works very well for some games.
Is it possible to start savestates from UAE4ARM without entering the gui and automatically save it again on exit?

we have some glitches in starstruck following merge of this latest update
I can't see these glitches on Pandora.
Is it possible to start savestates from UAE4ARM without entering the gui and automatically save it again on exit?
There is no option for this at the moment. Loading a savestate at startup may be possible, save at exit is not so easy.

Just sharing: In both rpi and android, we have some glitches in starstruck following merge of this latest update...
It look like glitches in startruck for android and rpi are different. I watched this demo few times but didn't see glitches like in your screenshot.
Mine glitches only in top part of screen.
Android screenshots.
device-2016-09-05-124805.jpg device-2016-09-05-125352.jpg

There is no option for this at the moment. Loading a savestate at startup may be possible, save at exit is not so easy.

OK - it is a very nice feature of the GUI provided by EX plus alpha emulators, was hoping something similar existed in Amiga land as well. No problem.

Thanks for letting me know.

Would love to see the 'Write Enable' floppy options usable and write just the changes to a seperate file like WinUAE. :)

I had an idea to possibly improve mouse/touch emulation.
If possible from the UAE4ARM menu you trigger a calibration sequence, semi- transparent so you can see what the Amiga cursor is doing.
When you tap on the calibration square - you observe the Amiga mouse position and adjust the calibration square with the dpad. repeat this for all four corners until tapping each calibration square scales the position from touch to Amiga mouse. Save the scaling profile as part of the configuration per-game, etc.

There is a new version in Repo.

Changes since last release:
- Merged lot of changes from WinUAE 2.8.1
- Fixed graphic glitches caused by borderblank
- Fixed bug in navigation through quit button
- Keys V and W were switched
- Compiled with gcc 6.2

Maybe this is the last version for the Pandora. Changes in newer version of WinUAE and new features will slow down emulator and I think the Pandora reached the limit for Amiga emulation. Of course, if there are serious bugs in this version, I will try to fix them.

I will continue to work on UAE4ARM when I got my Pyra...

Edit: removed unused .o files from zip.

Attachments

• uae4arm_src.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:
Will we ever see an option for Cycle-Exact (DMA/Memory accesses) ? It's needed to play a lot of WHDLoad games at the correct speed and no glitches. It's less intensive than Full Cycle-Exact which is very rarely needed. The Pandora is very old now and it would be nice to have the option for more powerful and future platforms. (Is the Pyra even powerful enough for this option as this seems to be your next influence ?) (And the write enable floppy option ?)

Back