Release [Repo] UAE4ALL 2.5.1.0

TomB

Very Active Member
New version of UAE4ALL in Repo with these changes:

- New configuration manager: load/save/delete configurations (useful for different configurations for one HD or own presets) (thanks to lubomyr)
- Eject-button for every floppy drive
- Performance enhancements: my reference demo (AGA, M6820 at 28MHz) runs now with full speed without frameskip and no overclock on 1GHz Pandora
- Improved compatibility
- AROS as kickstart replacement supported.
  Lot of games and demos are working with this replacement and we can distribute a copy of the files with UAE4All (current version already included in PND).
  Note: AROS needs at least 1MB chip and 1 MB fast RAM.
- Bugfix: screensize adjusted to correct values (was broken in new GUI)
- Changed size of scrollbar in DropDown controls

Changes compared to latest beta:

- A few more games and demos working: Alien Breed 3D 2, Love-Demo from Fairlight (really cool...)

uae4all_src.zip

Attachments

• uae4all_src.zip
    847.8 KB · Views: 264
Love-Demo from Fairlight - now works great on my android device

When Dreams Come True

Big Thanks TomB

Wow, more updates. Thanks for all your efforts to improve Amiga emulation on the Pandora, TomB!!!

Is it possible to get AGA games working fullspeed on an overclocked CC Pandora. I tried Aladin AGA, and didn't manage to make it run smoothly (frameskip helps though, but sound remains glitchy). Is it specific to this game, or is AGA reserved to 1GHZ pandoras?

Have you

Is it possible to get AGA games working fullspeed on an overclocked CC Pandora. I tried Aladin AGA, and didn't manage to make it run smoothly (frameskip helps though, but sound remains glitchy). Is it specific to this game, or is AGA reserved to 1GHZ pandoras?
Set the emulated Amiga speed at 14Hz and see if that helps?

Thanks. Actually I clicked the default A1200 configuration, so the Amiga cpu speed is automatically set to this value.

Just been putting this through its paces :) all in all very very good. Save states working well..

Apart from our old friend Zeewolf and Zeewolf 2. I checked and double checked.. Weirdness with save states with these two..

Zeewolf state generally gives me a quarter of the screen. The rest is black

Zeewolf 2 I get garbled mess at the bottom half of the screen. It's a garbled mash of the top of the screen.. But in a different colour...

Both games still play after loading the state but on the other hand very in playable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A small suggestion: the ability to empty the HD fields, so you can eject them, like you do for ADF (right now, once you have set an HDF file, you can't disable it if you finally want to use HD-Dir instead, and vice versa). Keep up the great work! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed the odd weird graphic issue in this latest version. A good demonstration of this is the Black Monks trainer screen in Test Drive II. The scrolling writing has some kind of double image. The issue varies slightly between the a500 and a1200 defaults. If I drop back to any previous version including the version released just 3 days earlier, there are no graphics issues. I'm using CC Pandora.

January 14th repo version (a500 default):

uae4allj14_zps1677bdda.png

January 14th repo version (a1200 default):

uae4allj141200_zpsd8d40818.png

January 11th version (no graphics issues on either a500 or a1200):

uae4allj11_zpsdbc9b35b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you trid a real Amiga? I don't know, but the new version with A1200 defaults might just be the corect one.

The problem with such graphic issues is, that we doesn't have a cycle exact blitter emulation. In the latest version, I adjusted the number of cycles of some blitter ops according to other versions of uae to get better results in some games and demos. These changes causes problems in this specific intro, but there is no chance to find values which will work for all demos, games or intros.

Regards,

TomB

The problem with such graphic issues is, that we doesn't have a cycle exact blitter emulation. In the latest version, I adjusted the number of cycles of some blitter ops according to other versions of uae to get better results in some games and demos. These changes causes problems in this specific intro, but there is no chance to find values which will work for all demos, games or intros.

Regards,

TomB
Thank you very much for this explanation Tom. I will use latest version again now I know this isn't an overlooked error.

Cheers.

Back