Release Rebirth Entry - OpenDune 0.7

as there is no other clue other than on download sites, I assume that it isn't freeware (and more a case of where's no judge there's no hangman). But this is just nitpicking from a little Mr. know it all.

As the data files aren't included the already minimal risk will be near zero

hi

keeps crashing afetr playing a few moves, attach tmp file:

Code:
=======================================================================================

PND			 : /media/BOOT/pandora/menu/games/opendune.pnd

PND_FSTYPE	  : Squashfs

APPDATADIR	  : /media/BOOT/pandora/appdata/opendune

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME		 : scripts/opendune.sh

ARGUMENTS	   : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop2" "/mnt/utmp/opendune"

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/BOOT/pandora/appdata/opendune=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/opendune=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/opendune"

[SUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application (scripts/opendune.sh ) ----------

UPS_true

RUN_true

RUN_true

ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such file or directory

Failed to initialize MIDI

Warning: vsync doesn't seem to be supported

ERROR: unhandled key FF

ERROR: unhandled key 21

ERROR: unhandled key 21

omapsdl: in_evdev: select failed: Interrupted system call

omapsdl: in_evdev: select failed: Interrupted system call

opendune: /home/devel/Pandora/opendune/trunk/src/audio/dsp_alsa.c:150: DSP_GetStatus: Assertion `s_bufferLen == 0' failed.

starting midi

Failed to initialize MIDI

omapsdl: opened tslib touchscreen

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "gpio-keys" with 30 events (type 00100023)

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "keypad" with 84 events (type 00100013)

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "nub0" with 3 events (type 00000007)

omapsdl: in_evdev: found "nub1" with 3 events (type 00000007)

omapsdl: skip /dev/input/event5 as ts

omapsdl: found 5 evdev device(s).

omapsdl: detected 800x480 'lcd' (0) screen attached to fb 1 and overlay 1

switching to 640x400@16

/dev/fb1: 640x400@16

fbdev initialized.

xenv: X vendor: The X.Org Foundation, rel: 10704000, display: :0.0, protocol ver: 11.0

xenv: display is 800x480

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 519: 10362 Aborted				 "./$EXENAME" $ARGUMENTS

[ FAILED]--- Starting the application (scripts/opendune.sh ) ----------

[ START ]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Restoring the frame buffer status ----------

[ START ]--- uMount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the Union to be available ----------

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/opendune': Device or resource busy

[ START ]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

[SUCCESS]--- Waiting the PND mount dir to be free ----------

cleanup done

[SUCCESS]--- uMount the PND ----------

Return code is : 15

game ran great for me but my military advisor didnt like my tone when I told him the tank unit

was called "kiss my ass" at the end of the first mission . anyone know where I canget the answers to the questions?

also milkshake I really appreciate how easy you made this to get and install. I have never had a game say you dont have what you need but I can get it for you . I woke up sawthis game on the forums and was playing it in 10 min great job!!

Thats the copy protection. If you don't have the answers, you might not be legally entitled to play the game? ;)

wait really? so the code that is the game is open for all but in order to play and manipulate the game you have to buy the manual still ? so if I had the programming chops I could take the source code and remove those questions from the game legally but it is illegal for me to get the amswers to those questions if I cant remove them ? im not trying to argue or be ajerk about this but man that just seems crazy to me, am I missing something here?

OH ok I see, so this is like the engines that play Day of the tentical or Baulders gate?

So I guess one question is then how is it possible that the Open dune application lets me down load the required files of dune.

Sorry I'm really lose with my terms like Engines and applications (I don't really know what I'm talking about or the right words for these terms) I really don't mean to be asking stupid questions or pester this board.

Yes a trip to Google helped me out a lot. Apprently there isn't a unit in this game called "kiss my ass" but there is something called a sonic tank who would have known? :rolleyes:

the openDune application doesn't allow you to download the required files, that is a bash script I created to make it easier for the end user to get the data files.

Any moral issues lie with the application user as you are the one that chooses to allow the files to be downloaded for you. though I doubt there will be any legel ramifications as the files have been on the internet for a long time without it seems any take-down requests etc.

im all about it milkshake, I think you did a great job and in a situation like this im really stoked you added the programming to get and place the files needed to make the program to play dune. it is nice to have programs that allow you to play day of the tenticle and baulders gate and such but for me it is always really hard to figure out how to get the right files in the right place and normally give up in frusteration. so double bonus points for making this so accessible!

Never played this back in the day and its probably an RTS title which isn't my thing (as you have to be present, in real time, with a brain, that has strategies and forethoughts) but I have to commend the slick packaging, as noted above.

The only other example is the Seventh Sense Package pnd, for the Lone Wolf Gamebook adventure series, which also helpfully allows you to download the gamebooks from within the GUI of the engine and conveniently puts them where they are needed.

Needless to say, I spent a good few hours scouring the internet and self downloading all of the gamebooks manually. Carefully placing them within the Seventh Sense appdata directories structure in seemingly logical places and relaunching the pnd to frustrated non success, before I realised, it really was offerring me to do it the easyway!

Wifi ON, Launch pnd, follow prompts for downloading required content, sorted! :)

Now...

Oh yes, I was regretting something...

"You the kinda fella it's good to have a milkshake with? Does you have Jesus in your heart?"

Gets my vote, everytime :)

finally I'm able to play this, it works great :) but I have no music :(

the music works only if the kernel is above 3 if using the old firmware or booting to the old kernel will result in no sound.

Anyone was able to play the music? I remember the music was really great at that time... it's a shame not to have it...

The music was and is awesome. It is by Frank Klepacki.

Head to his site here:

http://www.frankklepacki.com/

Check the juke box on the left, mark Dune Series, play Rise of the Harkonnen and have a blast.

Unfortunantly, we can´t have the remixed versions on the original game, so won´t help much on the game side :rolleyes:

Back