Release TiMidity++

Do you mean that sebt3's release doesn't work for you? Post all details you can.

sebt3's release doesnt work. I have had this installed for a while now and it does work with other MIDI games. In scummvm I am trying to use timidity for games like Kyrandia 2 and SCI games like kings quest. In the Kyrandia games scummvm goes into debug mode stating "cannot open midi driver!". The SCI games do the same thing but the message changes to "cannot initilize midi driver". I have spoke to DJWILLIS about this and he sent me to you Timidity ++ pnd. I tried it and had my fingers crossed. I got the same error message unfortunatly. Also I am setting the perferred audio device in SCUMMVM to Timidity. In games like Monkey Island 3 for instance it has no effect since these games dont use midi.

Thanks Gruso

sebt3's release doesnt work.

You're doing it all wrong.

I have had this installed for a while now and it does work with other MIDI games. In scummvm I am trying to use timidity for games like Kyrandia 2 and SCI games like kings quest. In the Kyrandia games scummvm goes into debug mode stating "cannot open midi driver!". The SCI games do the same thing but the message changes to "cannot initilize midi driver". I have spoke to DJWILLIS about this and he sent me to you Timidity ++ pnd. I tried it and had my fingers crossed. I got the same error message unfortunatly. Also I am setting the perferred audio device in SCUMMVM to Timidity. In games like Monkey Island 3 for instance it has no effect since these games dont use midi.

Thanks Gruso
You need a midi set installed with my installer.

You need to start the daemon of this PND and then start your game....

Well I installed your pnd. Used the 36mb set to SD card. I have used gruso's pnd afterwards. Asked me for admin password. I then tries scummvm using timidity and get debug crash. Can you tell me what I am doing wrong or test on Pandora to see if it works for you?

Edit : and when I say your package doesn't work I meant for scummvm not in general as everything else works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you send me a version of the timidity executeable that looks for timidity.cfg in the default location, so I can put it on my NAND?

Back