Release [Rebirth Competition] Dino Defense

I have created a web-page for my DinoDefense game. All future updates will be posted there, rather than the Repo.

http://www.iprice.remakes.org/DinoDefense/dino_index.html

I have added a Donate Button to the site, purely to help purchase a Pandora. While I can continue to develop the game without a Pandora, I will not be able to add the numerous incidental touches and effects that will enhance the game. Without your support, I won't be able to give the game that I want to create. The button will be removed if I get enough to purchase a Pandora. Please be generous and support me.

I will continue to post status updates here :)

I can see the advantage of doing it on your own site - you have more space to explain the situation and ask for donations. But the repo will give you more exposure.

Maybe you could put all that info into a splash screen in the app (displayed on exit). I usually detest such things but it makes sense here. Little updates will keep the game at the top of the repo list, and the splash screen in front of faces.

There is also the 'additional info' field on the repo which you can fill with all the text & links you like.

We probably sound like the hivemind (reepohhh.... one of uuuus...) but I honestly think you'll benefit from using it. We really want to see you get a Pandora.

The Repo will pretty much only give exposure to people who already have a Pandora - my site can give exposure to people who have a pc, Pandora and soon Wiz, Caanoo and other formats... It will be quicker and easier for me to upload to one site in one go than mess about updating to multiple sites.

You can siteload pnds from other locations to the repo :)

No probs, your call. I don't want to push the point.

However... :p I want to tell you where I'm coming from, with numbers. Probably about 3200 people own a Pandora. Only 150 actually voted in the competition. About 40 allocated points to your game in the comp. Who knows how many are reading this thread, but whatever the number is, apply the usual player-to-donator ratio (I understand this is generally not a lucrative ratio) and I don't like your chances of getting near a Pandora, unless some sugardaddy steps in.

I don't have any idea what repo traffic figures are, but I know there are a lot of Pandora users who don't use the forums. The repo has had 5,000 downloads in the past week, which seems like pretty good traffic. And if your app is appearing regularly in the latest top ten... seems to me you could funnel a lot more of that traffic to your cause than you will in this thread.

Don't mean to badger. Just helping. Stopping... now.

ps. Hey everyone send money here: http://www.iprice.remakes.org/DinoDefense/dino_index.html

Well, for me it is the easiest way to use tools like PND Manager, where you can instantly see if a programm in the repo is updated or not. No need to search trough dozends of different Websites or read the forums in the search if something is updated. Repo managers are indeed a really nice invention. Of course this only works IF a piece of Software is put into the Repo. ;)

The point is probably, that you don't see donationlinks in pndmanager right now and can't click on any links provided.

That means, that if everybody uses pndmanager instead of the website, they would never see how to donate or won't do it even, if the link is provided in the description, as nobody will write the donation link on a piece of paper while using pndmanager and then go to the website and donate, when hes done with downloading.

If you need to make people aware of that you need donations to continue proper developement, they won't see it.

Perhaps PNDManager has to be extended to show (clickable!) donation links if applicable. At the moment many people will not be aware of this game at all because it is not in the repo. I really would like to see everything together in the repo. It is fine to have individual websites as well, and it would be nice if they can be visited easily from the PNDManager.

The Pandora Donation link shouldn't be an issue anymore as Cloudef has now sent his spare Pandora to me today. Work on DD should progress much quicker with a proper unit to test on :)

I'm so pleased you think it's OK to have my own website as well ;)

DinoDefense may be available in the Repo at some point, but as I'm still working on it (and there's lots to do), it won't be any time soon.

It's been a minute since I've looked into the ReBirth section. Look forward to any future progress you make. I'll have to download the current release now.

Right, now I have my Pandora I've found some issues that I had to fix and update. :) Sorry, it's not available to download yet.

More coming soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
gasp, whenever there is a new post here I always expect the newer version :rolleyes:

I must deal with my anxiety I guess. ^_^

oh, just a side note about an earlier discussion, when you told that the mouse cursor will be invisible on the Pandora version... maybe it can be better to leave a choice to show/hide it, even if just in a configuration file, cause the Pandora can also be used with a mouse and a TV screen, and there are even people that like to use the nubs (this is not my case, but many browse even internet with those)

+1 for an option to keep the mousecursor. Even with the touchscreen it doesn't really bother me.

Back