Release [Rebirth Competition] Dino Defense

I check the GLBasic boards and these many times a day. I've not seen anything on either, but have you fixed the GLBasic-makes-PNDs-that-make-Pandora-people-go-WTF problem? Discussed it with Gernot?

GLBasic does produce a Pandora executable file, but it's not a strict .PND (by all accounts). Gernot knows that the files GLB produces work on a Pandora, but I'm not sure if he is aware that they are not exactly the same as a .PND. My discussions with Gernot were pretty limited and I wasn't going to push it.

mcobit has been working some magic and turning what I churn out into a true single .PND file, with icon etc. I don't know what he does and I don't need to (at the moment) as I don't own a Pandora, although I would like to save him the hassle of doing this.

If you want to save the hassle, just replace all stuff in the pnd with your new stuff, change the versionnumber in the pxml.xml file and repack. But for testingreasons etc, you can of course just give me the binaries and datafiles and I will repack and test before uploading :)

It doesn't bother me. I like to help.

GLBasic does produce a Pandora executable file, but it's not a strict .PND (by all accounts). Gernot knows that the files GLB produces work on a Pandora, but I'm not sure if he is aware that they are not exactly the same as a .PND. My discussions with Gernot were pretty limited and I wasn't going to push it.

mcobit has been working some magic and turning what I churn out into a true single .PND file, with icon etc. I don't know what he does and I don't need to (at the moment) as I don't own a Pandora, although I would like to save him the hassle of doing this.
I can understand the difficulties of not having a Pandora - like many others, mine's lost in omg-you-preordered-it-HOW-long-ago?! limbo - but my primary interest in GLBasic is to code for the Pandora (with everything else being a delicious bonus), so it'll be good if what GLBasic produces is something Pandorans can use in a Pandora-like fashion without too much jiggery pokery. I'm not expecting *you* to make this happen of course, I just thought I'd ask because you were currently having to deal with that exact thing.

As time goes by and more people/GLBasickers get Pandoras (or wish to code for it) then perhaps I'll start investimigating more intimately and resurrect those threads where it was discussed (both here and on the GLB forums).

It's definitely something that one of us in the know should be raising on those forums. :)

Until then, keep soldiering on iprice. Loving your work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to say that this should be the second price of Rebirth Competition. I really love this game.

Can´t wait for more worlds

Just wanted to say that this should be the second price of Rebirth Competition. I really love this game.
Can´t wait for more worlds
Cheers, but it wasn't to be.

finally tried with the touchscreen !! it's always super fun !! :D
How did you play it before using the touchscreen? :blink:

I didn't know it could be played with the nubs too. Guess I'll never see that. It was intended as touch screen only on Pandora.

I presume there's a cursor then?

That's interesting - it shouldn't be there at all. The game should only show that cursor on a pc; as they don't (generally) have a touchscreen you have to use the mouse.

Cheers.

I already have a Level Designer/Editor, thankyou ;)

I've done some work on the dinos (a few new ones shown below - I have a couple of others too, don't want to show/spoil too much), and some levels and plenty of ideas for the future. I also did a quick and dirty port for Wiz and Caanoo, but it's a bit too slow to be enjoyable and the graphics are all squished.

As I've stated before, there's so much i want to do, but can't due to lacking a Pandora.

dinos.PNG

Every time I show to someone the Pandora this is the second thing I show to them !! (The first is xournal :p ) And everyone say "Cool !! Very funny !!"

Hope you get your Pandora soon

Hi Ian, so you did a quick caanoo port? let me know if you need any testing as we talked before.

This is one great game!

Back