Questions About The $3 Sd Reader (not Answered On Site)

It doesnt need drivers (Ive used it on Windows XP and 2000).

I use it with a 512 MB sandisk card

It's the one I use for my 2.0GB and 512MB, on both Windows XP and Windows 98. :)

- Alex

I'm sure it works fine with USB mass storage... you have to try really really hard to find something that doesn't.

DawnOfTheRent posted on Oct 16 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
You get it working on Win 98? It always does the blue screen of death with me.. (Did you do anything special? If so, I would be insanely happy to know what it was.)
I was lucky enough to find this great driver, it works every time :)

- Alex

Last edited by a moderator:
Shikaku posted on Oct 17 2006 at 02:21 AM said:
BradN posted on Oct 17 2006 at 02:41 AM said:
I'm sure it works fine with USB mass storage... you have to try really really hard to find something that doesn't.

GP2X

What do I win?

A virtual cookie.

I'd splurge (lol $9 lol) on a fancier model like my Media-to-Go reader that supports all the major card formats incl. SD/MMC, CF-Type I/II and Memory Stick .. and has an integrated 3-port USB 2.0 hub, activity LEDs for all 3 ports, a power input jack to supply power to hosted USB devices (great for connection to the GP2X's EXT port with an adapter cable), and the PC-to-Reader USB cord detaches forming a perfect PC-to-GP2X cable. It really doesn't get any better than that ...

Here's the reader for reference.
http://www.pcwebshopper.com/usbaa06mf.html

Shikaku posted on Oct 17 2006 at 08:21 AM said:
BradN posted on Oct 17 2006 at 02:41 AM said:

GP2X

What do I win?
Wrong (at least, when you have a working USB cable and the latest firmware).

actually the GP2x is working with usb mass storage, it is windows that does not support the standard properly, and therefore have trouble.

Alex. posted on Oct 17 2006 at 09:17 AM said:
I was lucky enough to find this great driver, it works every time :)

Thanks for the driver link, I haven't tried it yet, but I have a good amount of faith it will work, and not only would this fix my problem, but it looks like it could make 98 insanely more useful.

Many, Many, Many Thanks.

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 28 2006 at 01:13 PM said:
nemt posted on Oct 28 2006 at 12:11 PM said:
How long does it usually take to arrive? I ordered mine a while ago and haven't received it yet.
a week
Well, mine's coming in 5 days then.

Epicenter posted on Oct 18 2006 at 09:55 AM said:
I'd splurge (lol $9 lol) on a fancier model like my Media-to-Go reader that supports all the major card formats incl. SD/MMC, CF-Type I/II and Memory Stick .. and has an integrated 3-port USB 2.0 hub, activity LEDs for all 3 ports, a power input jack to supply power to hosted USB devices (great for connection to the GP2X's EXT port with an adapter cable), and the PC-to-Reader USB cord detaches forming a perfect PC-to-GP2X cable. It really doesn't get any better than that ...

Meanwhile, some people, such as myself, just need a SD card reader so they can offload the images from their camera's SD card to their laptop, and put some apps/ebooks/mp3s on their gp2x's SD card, while they're out of the country. For such people, a small thumbdrive style SD card reader is a way better deal because it's smaller and thus more portable, and still does everything they need.

But yeah, I have one of those beasts you describe attached to my desktop system as well, minus a couple of bells and whistles. :D

Back