The $3 Usd Shipped Sd Card Reader

Received mine yesterday, reads both of my 2 gig cards and my 512 cards flawlessly and incredibly fast.

Got mine yesterday and it works with my 512 and 2G card with no issues. I played with the XP USB remove hardware fuction to see if it was aware that the card is removable from the unit but it is not (not a surprise). It works fine in Fedora, Enterprise, and Solaris on my machines.

Cool for $3.00 US ...

Would grateful if can get MS Pro Duoed reader that cheaped :(!

I got mine a few days ago. It works great!

My only complaint is the color - pink? Oh well, at least it matches my SD card.

Amazing how many computer I need to use this on. My friends refuse to throw down 10 dollars on a multi-reader yet they have like 3 digital cameras each! Thx for the review. Ordered one today.

One thing is for sure, these batteries are crap.
http://ledshoppe.com/Product/hou/HE1009.htm
And when i say crap, i mean crap. We're talking less than 1 hour while underclocked and LCD turned off (was listening to music on the lowest volume) from fully charged to empty.
Perhaps they meant 250 mAh?

But the sd-card reader is sweet though, delivery was quite fast.
Thumbs up!

All hail the mighty $3 reader. It arrived today and lets me mount my 2Gb card in every OS I've tried (OSX,XP,Linux) all of which refused to do so before (apart from OSX).

Just amazing.

It took 9 days or so, but I did finally get mine and it works great with my 2GB Transcend 150X card. Amazing they can sell this and ship it worldwide for $3.

Mine just came today!

Took 13 days from order to door; not shabby for a practically free card reader!!

Love the color; clear smoke, my favorite kind!!!

It's so small! Love it love it³!!!!! :D :D :D

I got one of these awhile ago, haven't gotten around to trying it, since I already have a card reader I bought from Lik-sang(R.I.P.), but seeing what everybody says about this little thing..it def. wasn't a waste of money!

Might use it whenever I travel or go a friends house or something...

Too bad I got pink though <_<

Oh well pink is the new black right??? right guys??? :unsure:

SiDCrAzY posted on Dec 21 2006 at 08:53 AM said:
I got one of these awhile ago, haven't gotten around to trying it, since I already have a card reader I bought from Lik-sang(R.I.P.), but seeing what everybody says about this little thing..it def. wasn't a waste of money!

Might use it whenever I travel or go a friends house or something...

Too bad I got pink though <_<

Oh well pink is the new black right??? right guys??? :unsure:

... hey, cut us open and we're all pink inside :ph34r:

* Word of advice * Be careful pulling the slot cap on/off .. I cracked mine :angry: I apparently discovered the reason they can sell this thing so cheaply :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back