The Official Best Deals Topic

I've ordered one of these *really* cheap 4gb cards from 7dayshop. Fingers crossed the inevitable slow speed won't have too nasty consequences. I'll update once I've received...

Just wondered how you got on with the 4gb cards.

It arrived in the post yesterday but was busy so I didn't get a chance to take it out of the envelope... But will use it at the weekend and give an update.

Update:

Its a 'KeyMem' card with claimed speed of 133x. The impression from a quick google is that the memory is Samsung, which is promising. Not really sure if there is much noticeable difference between speeds of 150 and 133 but that is the only 'down-side'. To be honest, I was preparing myself for a x60, so this is pretty good.

The really important news is that it really is a 4gb card (no ebay vendor fun and games), easily readable by all my card readers inc my laptops built in card reader, and that I used it to do a firmware upgrade w/o any problems (the same can't be said of my 1gb integral card).

So far it seems like a good purchase - not sure if I should have held out for a 150 speed card. I'm also looking for a utility to actually test the speed of a card - read, write and I guess deletion will all be different. But for the money, not sure you can go wrong. Especially as I have some long flights coming up... time to load it up ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119089

OCZSD150-4GB OCZ Secure Digital Flash Memory Card £58.26+VAT.

Not the cheapest 4gb card, but it is 150x and works just fine in my gp2x.

When browsing photos (left/right shoulder button) it moves so quickly between pictures its
almost like video! Very fast card.

Found this case on eBay and I'm very impressed. Fits my GP2X perfectly and only took a week to reach me - not bad since it's from Hong Kong and I'm in the UK. Best of all it's only £4.79 and postage is free. It comes in loads of colours and mine also included a wrist strap which you can either attach to the case or the GP2X itself. Inside there is a flap with six small pockets ideal for storing SD cards and behind that a net pocket which I'm going to use to store a spare set of batteries. Here's a link to the page on the sellers store and a picture of my case below.

Ebay shop link

casecs9.jpg

US version of the same case is available here:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?cookie...oduct_id=801917

Gamestop branded, but doesn't have a big NDS logo on it. I prefer it this way... wouldn't want people thinking I'm using an NDS. Perish the thought. ;)

Doesn't look anything like the same case to me...........

nice, just ordered one myself. i will be sure to find a nice sticker to plaster across the NDS logo wink.gif

Must admit I'm trying to decide what to cover the logo up with as I'd really like it to say 'GP2X.'

Their product page doesn't show inner photographs, unforturnately. Here's a photo I took that shows the similarities:

Very similar though not quite the same. The outer material looks very different. Looks like the net pouch on that one is the opposite way round as well (opening at the bottom) which looks like anything inside would fall out when you open the case. Probably both made in the same factory though.

Shikaku posted on Dec 5 2006 at 03:00 PM said:
In any case, right now Newegg has a coupon for waived shipping charges up to $20 if you pay with Paypal, the coupon code is PAYPALFREE and it is REUSABLE.
OH MY GOD

You can get a 2 GB Ultra 2GB 60x Secure Digital Card from tiger direct for 20 dollars including shipping.
Put up 43 USD, then mail in a rebate to ultra giving you 30 bucks back. 13 bucks is a good price for the card, especially if you have other things to order from them. Even if you only order only it you still get the order for under 20 bucks. Not a bad deal if your in the usa.

(well see how well it works when it gets here, probably this weekend around the same time as my new gp2x, yay!)

Link

I've found 2gb Kingston SD cards today at Mouse2House.co.uk for £20.95

this is by far the cheapest I've found. not just for SD cards, but for Kingston, I think this is unbeatable.

Found this case on eBay and I'm very impressed. Fits my GP2X perfectly and only took a week to reach me - not bad since it's from Hong Kong and I'm in the UK. Best of all it's only £4.79 and postage is free. It comes in loads of colours and mine also included a wrist strap which you can either attach to the case or the GP2X itself. Inside there is a flap with six small pockets ideal for storing SD cards and behind that a net pocket which I'm going to use to store a spare set of batteries. Here's a link to the page on the sellers store and a picture of my case below.

This might be a stupid question, but I'm a new gp2x owner. How do I connect the strap to the gp2x?

Edit: Sorry, googling helped.

Back