The $3 Usd Shipped Sd Card Reader

After two minutes of playing with this thing it stopped working. I don't know why but now it won't recognize any of my cards. It LED doesn't work either. Also I have tried getting it to work with two computers.

Anyone having the same problem?

For the peeps who wants to order from ledshoppe, place an order before friday because fridays will be the transport, and next thursday/friday will mostly delivered (I ve ordered serivial times at them...)

Greetz

TelcoLou posted on Dec 21 2006 at 12:31 PM said:
* Word of advice * Be careful pulling the slot cap on/off .. I cracked mine :angry: I apparently discovered the reason they can sell this thing so cheaply :lol:

* Word of advice² *

The LED just burnt out, but the reader still works fine ... I just orderd 3 more, as backups :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got 3 of these, and they all work fine :) Bit disappointed mine weren't bright green though :p

I just received mine in the mail yesterday, and I must say I'm very impressed. My Lexar 2GB works fine in it, and it is actually much faster than the card reader I was using before(one built into my printer).

Product-wise, I've actually not encountered the cap-sticking issue reported here, which is a plus. I got the coffee color, which was a nice surprise. I had a slight issue getting it to plug in to my computer, due to the way the plastic sticks out on both sides at the base of the connector, but that was easily solved with a USB extender I had lying around. Unfortunately, mine did not appear to come with one of those neat little lights, though I might have overlooked it and thrown it out with the package, in which case I'm an idiot. But for three dollars and a great card reader, I think I'll live without the flashlight.

Anyways, thanks a lot Shikaku. This was really a great find.

TelcoLou posted on Dec 21 2006 at 11:31 AM said:
... hey, cut us open and we're all pink inside :ph34r:

* Word of advice * Be careful pulling the slot cap on/off .. I cracked mine :angry: I apparently discovered the reason they can sell this thing so cheaply :lol:

I never saw this before, unfortunately it might've saved me from cracking it three days ago(first time I actually used it) <_<

Oh well it still works, I guess thats what matters, thanks for the advice even if I did read it too late ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back