Release Quake2 Nanogl

Call me old skool but I still prefer FPS games with mouse, even on pandora! Got a wireless mouse recently, with just this in mind! There's always a small table/shelf on the train!

DoubléDash said:
Call me old skool but I still prefer FPS games with mouse, even on pandora! Got a wireless mouse recently, with just this in mind! There's always a small table/shelf on the train!

It's odd that for me the Pandora suddenly seems much more computer-like once a mouse is plugged in? (too many years of tech conditioning I guess!!) Granted for day to day use, I normally only use the nubs/stylus:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone get Quake 2 working on the pandora at the moment? I just got my pandora today and I wanted to try it but no go. I ran game once to generate the folders needed but they won't generate. Anybody else having that problem?

fettouhi said:
Can anyone get Quake 2 working on the pandora at the moment? I just got my pandora today and I wanted to try it but no go. I ran game once to generate the folders needed but they won't generate. Anybody else having that problem?

here is the output. Should the
directiry
be
called .baseq2 or just baseq2?

sudo /usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh -m -p /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/menu//IOquake2.pnd -e runquake.sh -b quake2
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
LoopMountedon:
/dev/loop1
Filetype is Squashfs
Mounting PND (mount -t squashfs) :
/dev/loop1 on /mnt/pnd/quake2 type squashfs (ro)
Filesystem is vfat
Mounting the Union FS using /media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/quake2 as Write directory:
mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs=/media/mmcblk1p1/pandora/appdata/quake2=rw+nolwh:/mnt/pnd/quake2=rr none /mnt/utmp/quake2
none on /mnt/utmp/quake2 type aufs (rw,si=62a23777,noplink)
none on /mnt/utmp/quake2 type aufs (rw,si=62a23777,noplink)
[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]
Error: ./baseq2/pak0.pak is not a packfile
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

fettouhi said:
fettouhi said:

here is the output. Should the directory be called .baseq2 or just baseq2?

baseq2
not hidden

Pickle said:
fettouhi said:
fettouhi said:

here is the output. Should the directory be called .baseq2 or just baseq2?

baseq2
not hidden

Thanks, seems like my pak files were corrupted during copying. Now it works. Hexen 2 on the other hand crashes in game when loading the first lavel (both sdl and nanogl).

It is already patched to 1.21. Here is the error it outputs just before the crash

execing config.cfg
couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

======== Hexen II Initialized =========

Loaded progs.dat, v6, 26905 crc, H2MP/v1.12 structures
Read in 562 str
FATAL ERROR: Mod_LoadModel: models/stltng2.mdl not found

ing lines
Loaded white light (32-bit)
Couldn't write config.cfg.
Shutting down SDL sound
Closing Pandora Controls
Nub 0 previous state restored
Nub 1 previous state restored
NGL: Interface released!
NGL: Library released!
NGL: Shutdown!
[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]
cleanup done

Back