Quake 3 Nubs Screwed Up?

jastolze

Hi. I was looking into this issue, and it appears that there's nothing that can be done about the nubs being screwed up in Q3. Or is there? If I can get the Left nub to work, that would be more than enough. So, if anyone has any idea on how to fix it, I will appreciate an answer! :D

I'm hoping that pitsub will get a chance at some stage to compile a newer version and sort out the controls at the same time!

^ me too...

You can fix it temporarily if you go into the main menu and back again.. just avoid touching that NUB.

^that's an old video.. on a prototype Pandora... Not sure who ported what is in the video... Is that DaveC the guy that designed the case? Not sure if he ported that himself or not.

It's not the firmware it's most likely a config or code specific issue.. Ptitseb has been working through the quake3 engine a bit (Jedi Knight Series/Open Arena), perhaps he will visit the original Q3 Engine again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have visited Q3 engine again ;) (soon on the repo I hope), but not for Q3A. I'll try to do something with OpenArena, it's based on ioquake3 so it should work with original q3a. I'll try this week end.
That would be great if we had a perfect version of OA with the nubs working. Good luck to you! :D

I have visited Q3 engine again ;) (soon on the repo I hope), but not for Q3A. I'll try to do something with OpenArena, it's based on ioquake3 so it should work with original q3a. I'll try this week end.
That would be great if we had a perfect version of OA with the nubs working. Good luck to you! :D
If you just want Open Arena, We've had a good version of Open Arena for almost a Month now thanks to Ptitseb..

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openarena_ptitseb

If you just want Open Arena, We've had a good version of Open Arena for almost a Month now thanks to Ptitseb..

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openarena_ptitseb
Damn, missed that. Thanks Ptitseb and TrashyMG! Downloading now! :D

EDIT: I wonder if it had the same error with seeing through walls though? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

If you could look at including mouse support for Pandora Quake 3 it would be much appreciated here. Would love to be able to play with my Bluetooth mouse. :)

Back