One Of My Nubs Seems To Be Screwed Up. What Should I Do?

Azuma

I've had my one nubber for a good while now and I rarely use the nubs (don't think I've ever used the right one until now), but one day I temporarily lost my stylus. I didn't feel like using a makeshift stylus so I decided to just use the nubs as the mouse for a while. The mouse is set to the left nub by default and my pandora came with the left nub broken, so I configured the right nub to act as the mouse. That's when I realized something was also wrong with the right nub. At first, upon every fresh restart, it seems fine. Gradually it will get slow when moving in certain directions and then eventually stop going in those directions all together. I can't really say moving the right nub feels odd or gritty (although I have no real basis for comparison), it just feels like the left one. I can say that the left nub acts much the same as the right one though. So, what should I do? I have a compressor so I can try blasting air into the nubs, but I'd like some further instruction on how, exactly, I should go about doing that. I REALLY don't want to break my pandora with a compressor because I didn't know what I was doing. And if that doesn't work can I still send the pandora back to get it fixed? I really don't want to as the OPT already have enough stuff to worry about/work on but it'd kill me to not have any nubs when AVP gets released!! :lol:

As long as you don't blast with 12 bar in there it should be fine ;) Adjust the pressure to a moderate value and just try it.

I sprayed mine with canned compressed air. The can has a little tube you attach, shown in glorious detail below:

bPDMT.jpg

Just a few quick blasts under the nub improved it. Must say though, it only improved it for use as mouse buttons. The up/down axis is shot, it really only goes down (so in Quake, I only look up).

Are you calibrating the nubs? I have similar effects as you describe, unless I calibrate the nubs every time on boot-up .. i.e. move them left/right/up/down/around a couple of times while the Pandora is booting .. Then the axis is adjusted and everything is smooth.

I am, but mine's a one-nubber so I have little to complain about. :) I have a second batcher on order, I look forward to some dual nub FPS action when it arrives.

Ok, I blasted the hell out of the right nub and it doesn't seem to be doing any better. I've also tried the nub dance while it was booting up at least 10 times. Anything else I should try?

Back