Strange Nub Activity

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
Lately, when I first start up my nubs work fine, then after a while the left direction on the left nub stops working completely. I can still move it left if I move it down+left or up+left, but pressing it directly to the left results in either no movement at all or very little movement. Frankly it seems like some kind of software bug, because it does work fine at startup. Anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

(OS: hotfix 5)

EDIT: To be honest, it sounds a little like something might be in there, impeding its progress. When I move the nub up & around (in either direction), there's a very faint 'snap' sound which can't be heard with the right nub.

EDIT2: Wonder if I should try blasting some air in there like Craig suggested earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
More and more weirdness going on.

My nubs now no longer work at all when I start up, neither the right nor the left. At least not in Xfce. The touchscreen still works. Although last time, after a while the touchscreen "leftclick" function stopped working, though I could still make it hover around. The "leftclick" function worked again after a reboot.

Could this have anything to do with letting my battery get too low? My battery was at 0% and for a while I couldn't get my Pandora to turn on even with the power plugged in. Then finally I got it to turn on and start recharging. Maybe the firmware in the nubs got wiped out somehow? I have no idea.

EDIT: Hmm, found a few other people with similar issues: 1, 2. Guess I'll try resetting in the Xfce menu and taking the battery out for 20 minutes, then report back. Oh, and blowing some compressed air in there, because it really does seem like there's a piece of grit in the left nub.

Back