Program to test for faulty nubs?

sinoth

Website
Visit site
I've never been super satisfied with how my nubs work, and it'd be nice if there were some program to test nub functionality to make sure everything is sane with the firmware.

To be more specific, my nubs do work... I can move the mouse around, click with them, etc. However, trying to use them in a game such as Quake3 is a huge pain. It almost seems to me that my nubs are constantly recalibrating... for example, if I calibrate at boot-up the nubs behave correctly for a little bit, but as I play Quake3 they seem to get further and further off. Let's say I'm running down a corridor and have the left nub pegged straight UP for a while... this seems to screw with the nub firmware, and the nub becomes unresponsive. It's as though the nub now believe UP is the new center.

Is this just a software issue? Does anyone else experience this? I wish I could get some confirmation as to whether this is simply how the nubs operate, or if mine are faulty in some way.

It almost seems to me that my nubs are constantly recalibrating...
Yes, they are, unfortunately. We don't have access to the nub firmware, and there's no way to easily reflash it.

To test, go to the nub settings menu and put them both into joystick mode, and then run "op_test_inputs" in a terminal.

Back