Nubs don't work at all :(

They're apparently hard to replace. From http://pandorawiki.org/Nubs:

Removing the nubs from the PCB is difficult. They are mounted using cut-off plated through holes butted onto pads (fairly standard SMT technology). Just using solder wick will not be sufficient, and if you are not extremely careful, you will rip the pads off the nub or the board.

Not an easy task I'm sure, but I'm still willing to take the risk! I have read a few posts from several people who have been able to replace the nubs themselves.

BTW, are your nubs still not working? My nubs have been working inconsistently for the past two days and require some resets even though I calibrate them at every startup. I have never had a problem with them in the 3 months I've had the pandora but now I think they are starting to fail. <_<

Not an easy task I'm sure, but I'm still willing to take the risk! I have read a few posts from several people who have been able to replace the nubs themselves.
You're brave...! If you've only had the Pandora 3 months, couldn't you RMA it?

BTW, are your nubs still not working?
My nubs are still totally out of action :(

You're brave...! If you've only had the Pandora 3 months, couldn't you RMA it?

BTW, are your nubs still not working?
My nubs are still totally out of action :(

I don't know if the warranty still covers my pandora for RMA since it seems to have had been sitting around for over a year before I bought it.

Calibrating during bootup doesn't help and I've already reflashed my pandora. The only fix I can think of is to replace the nubs but they are not available in the store yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back