Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mali said:
worshippy-6x.gif
Hey Mali, where do you find this shit! Pure excellents! I've always said Ed was the best, and he should be the only one to deliver info. He always explains in good details for the comman man! So that way, we don't end up with these pissing contest! I have never once read one of Ed's post, and then thought, what the hell is he talking about?

Nobody can get upset with Ed's post, he is straight and to the point, and you just get a good felling from his post! A good feeling of honesty thru out! IMO!

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
calc84maniac said:
belthos said:
<Talking about pure overclocking not hurting an ARM>
Okay, how much of this thread did you actually read?
Enough to make a valid post. If he stopped reading after that, I can only congratulate him ;)

Still, a little late. If that post would have come earlier, maybe things wouldn't have escalated like they have.

What did we learn? Don't get between a [businessman|hobbyist] and his project.

Craig is both a businessman and a hobbyist, and we love his project, so this goes double or triple  :p  

rgnbD.png

Protip: whenever anyone is about to post an angry forum post or internet comment, they should visualize someone shaking them by their shoulders and screaming at them to calm down

Attachments

• rgnbD.png
    rgnbD.png
    647.1 KB · Views: 128
Rathum said:
Sphinxter said:
Thanks for the voice of sanity ED. Maybe calling Godwin will put it in perspective and end this thread of doom;
soupnazi.jpg

Quirk's Exception to Godwin's Law: Godwin's Law does not apply when invoked for the purpose of ending a debate.

Damn, missed that one.

Attachments

• soupnazi.jpg
    soupnazi.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 135
atomicthumbs said:

Craig is both a businessman and a hobbyist, and we love his project, so this goes double or triple  :p  

rgnbD.png

Protip: whenever anyone is about to post an angry forum post or internet comment, they should visualize someone shaking them by their shoulders and screaming at them to calm down

That actually made me cry with laughter.

Attachments

• rgnbD.png
    rgnbD.png
    647.1 KB · Views: 142
atomicthumbs said:

Craig is both a businessman and a hobbyist, and we love his project, so this goes double or triple :p

rgnbD.png

what about star trek 3,the search for vimacs?Only kidding.Star trek 4 the voyage home,self explanatory.Star trek 5 the final Frontier.i sincerely hope so.Lets not even consider star trek 6 the "undiscovered country".

Attachments

• rgnbD.png
    rgnbD.png
    647.1 KB · Views: 145
what about star trek 3,the search for vimacs?Only kidding.Star trek 4 the voyage home,self explanatory.Star trek 5 the final Frontier.i sincerely hope so.Lets not even consider star trek 6 the "undiscovered country".

as long as there isn't a series reboot later..

EvilDragon said:
Well, if you overvolt it and your USB port falls off (but your CPU is still working), why shouldn't it be covered by warranty? :)
Because that's how North American warranties work: the warranty covers everything, and if you void it in any way, it covers nothing. If you buy a Dell computer, open the case to upgrade the RAM (which voids your warranty) and then the keyboard turns out bad, they can refuse to replace the keyboard assuming they know you've voided your warranty. This is obviously a contrived scenario; they probably would replace the keyboard either out of good faith or because no one thought to ask whether you'd opened the case or not.
Where it does come into play is if you open the case to upgrade the RAM, and then the hard drive fails. They take one look at the security sticker and are under no obligation to repair the hard drive even though you never touched it, and I've heard stories of this actually happening. Also heard stories where they've basically replaced 90% of the system and still gotten a warranty repair on the remaining 10%, so take that how you will.
I'm not sure, but it's possible the differences in definition may have contributed slightly to the downfall of the discussion.

BackAssward said:
ED makes great points, and as a nice guy, he avoided some: Some have admitted to being OK with destroying a device by their own actions, not taking responsibility, willing to lie to get it replaced by the manufacturer (and telling others they can too if they are willing to lie). It's ok, it's been done before.
I will bring something up here, not only but also, to help Mali:
If a company cannot say wether something was broken due to overclocking or not, how should the consumer be able to tell? Maybe (and it's not unlikely), the failure was there before. (I am talking about 200Mhz overclocking, not bringing your P4 to 6 Ghz!)
So why telling the company that you have overclocked? Will the company tell you when they sold you an under-averange product?

Thanks ED for clarification. Sometimes I think someone here should consider consequences before speaking...

Perhaps the Pandora should have some sort of flag that's set on an orderly shutdown, and a little logfile that logs the overclock state. When it's started up with out the orderly shutdown tag, it saves the logfile. This way they could check the Pandora to see whether it was overclocked when it failed.

Erm, you'd need to access the flash for that. How are you going to do that? It's not impossible, but not extremely easy either.

Kyosys said:
Erm, you'd need to access the flash for that. How are you going to do that? It's not impossible, but not extremely easy either.

oh

we could try a fuse! you can always tell if a fuse is blown.

or maybe JTAG would work without the processor

Oh man... Craig, I think you should consider not posting on these forums at all when you're in a bad mood...

What happened here was NOT good, and it could have easily become much worse.

I hope that it's not as bad as it looks, anyway... and I hope that EvilDragon is able to resolve this (he seems to always be the most level-headed of everyone).

jumpman said:
mali said:
Hey Mali, where do you find this shit! Pure excellents! I've always said Ed was the best, and he should be the only one to deliver info. He always explains in good details for the comman man! So that way, we don't end up with these pissing contest! I have never once read one of Ed's post, and then thought, what the hell is he talking about?

Nobody can get upset with Ed's post, he is straight and to the point, and you just get a good felling from his post! A good feeling of honesty thru out! IMO!

Chris
Hehe, thank Bosbeetle, he posted it from a Dutch board :)
http://www.xs4all.nl/~olie/fok/smilies/achtste100.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back