Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
EvilDragon said:
Let's all grab some nice warm cup of coffee, calm down a bit, and continue to work TOGETHER on our small little handheld instead of throwing insults around us, okay? :)

Thanks.
ED, you're my hero
3.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe it's taken me over an hour to read through this entire thread and now that I've finally done it the threads calmed down and I can't really comment in case I start all the arguing back up again :lol:. Never mind.
I hope that Vimacs rethinks about not getting himself a Pandora. It would be a real shame if he misses out on one after all this time and all the hard work he's put in.

@Vimacs - I doubt that you were ever doing all that hard work just to make Craig money anyway. Why not have a think about why you got involved in the project to begin with before you decide to get your refund. I'm betting that none of the reasons that you originally had for getting involved have changed; removing yourself from the project will just mean that everyone will loose out, yourself more than anyone :(

p.s Thanks for giving Skeezix the code you wrote. It's nice to know all your hard work wont go to waste if you decide not to stay with the project.

Has anyone actually sent a PM to Vimacs about this? All the apologies and requests for his return in these topics aren't going to do much if he decided not to read the subforum any more, and that'd be a shame, too.

I pmed him, but I didn't particularly ask for him to come back. I said I understood his decision but it would also be sad to see him go, or something along the lines of that.

Wow! Too bad I didn't have any popcorn... The suspense... It was killing me!

And... Evil Dragon... he's actually a carebear in disguise!

Just... wow!

Now get your ass back here Vimacs! <3

If I was the owner of a company that had a thread like this one on the U.S, I would be SCARED!.

I don't know how things work in Europe, but here I remember people boycotting M&M's because they stop producing the red colored ones. And that made the company take a big hit on sales.

As I see, this company lacks of personnel that can handle situations like this, they need a Director of Operations, human resources, etc. That's why you will never see a Steve Jobs calling little shits to their customers, they have advice from many many people. Many of the issues with the Pandora's delay could of been avoided by having the appropriate personnel (dealing with that same Chinese factory for that long is just unacceptable). They need someone that has the expertise to direct a business, not a programmer trying to run one.

As I see it, all of these could be just planned, so they can buy more months and make profit out of the preorders, when everything seems to be "ready", let's just start a fight to have issues over the Software right?.

The customer could be a total ass (like MALI), but saying those statements in public will only hurt your company.

megabyte said:
The customer could be a total ass (like MALI), but saying those statements in public will only hurt your company.

I did not read the rest of the post, but it looks like you're an ass.

If you knew any thing about Mali, you would know he's not an ass.

You could use eFuse's to tell whether the cpu had been overclocked or not.

I doubt the OMAP3530 has that though.

megabyte said:
If I was the owner of a company that had a thread like this one on the U.S, I would be SCARED!.

I don't know how things work in Europe, but here I remember people boycotting M&M's because they stop producing the red colored ones. And that made the company take a big hit on sales.

As I see, this company lacks of personnel that can handle situations like this, they need a Director of Operations, human resources, etc. That's why you will never see a Steve Jobs calling little shits to their customers, they have advice from many many people. Many of the issues with the Pandora's delay could of been avoided by having the appropriate personnel (dealing with that same Chinese factory for that long is just unacceptable). They need someone that has the expertise to direct a business, not a programmer trying to run one.

As I see it, all of these could be just planned, so they can buy more months and make profit out of the preorders, when everything seems to be "ready", let's just start a fight to have issues over the Software right?.

Open Pandora is more a bunch of forum people sharing a dream and trying to make it to reality than a company :p

BTW Mali is pretty friendly, he just said the wrong thing at wrong time and with the stress added, it pissed Craig.
Bad timing and stress are the roots of the commotion.

As usual ED has turned up in his firemans uniform and has put out all the flames in his usual well balanced and well thought out way. Maybe it's like that movie Dragonheart where you realise that the evil dragon is really a good guy :)

Thanks for your wonderful words of wisdom ED, very much apreciated :)

oh and vimacs. If you don't come back I'll video my many hours of playing lego rockband and upload to youtube and paste the link in channel. Oh and not the nice drum or guitar playing oh no... A really bad cat wailing type noise as I sing pretty women, don't speak, ghostbusters and summer of 69. Could your consience inflict that on the poor pandora user?

No? Thought not.. see you soon :)

(naw)mcx said:
megabyte said:

+1 Mali is one of the most universally respected members on this forum, that's why it was such a surprise to me when craig laid into him, who the hell are you to say anything btw? I can count all your posts with my peni.

Consequence_9 said:
(naw)mcx said:
megabyte said:

+1 Mali is one of the most universally respected members on this forum, that's why it was such a surprise to me when craig laid into him, who the hell are you to say anything btw? I can count all your posts with my peni.

How the hell do you know that Mali isn't an Ass? Alright, the term "Ass" has negative connotations attached to it - but you are what you are. Stand up, Mali! Be proud of your status as a noble beast of burden! Donkeys of the world UNITE!

And if I were you, I'd patent that device you're using to type with - hoof-sized keys or what?

D.

So exactly where on the board do we draw the pencil line to over volt the Pandora?
I kid, I kid . . . B)

Consequence_9 said:
(naw)mcx said:
megabyte said:

+2 People seem to be trying to re-brand Mali's entire personality for one post.
It's amazing the way people always seem to remember the one negative these days, yet can easily forget the thousands of positives.
People suck :(

@Dunny: How the hell did you miss out on this one? If your sarcasm and whit had jumped in 20 pages earlier, none of us would be getting pandoras anytime soon. :p

Dunny said:
How the hell do you know that Mali isn't an Ass? Alright, the term "Ass" has negative connotations attached to it - but you are what you are. Stand up, Mali! Be proud of your status as a noble beast of burden! Donkeys of the world UNITE!

And if I were you, I'd patent that device you're using to type with - hoof-sized keys or what?

D.

+ a million to this one :D

With that reply I cannot argue, if you are going to post without even reading, then YOU WIN MY FRIEND, life is good again.

Mali is one of the most universally respected members on this forum, that's why it was such a surprise to me when craig laid into him, who the hell are you to say anything btw? I can count all your posts with my peni.

So in order to have a respected opinion, I have to have 100000 posts?, what a good argument champ. Rest assure I have followed the project since the beginning, I just recreated an account because I lost my old one.

I know you just defend your friends without even being objective, If John Doe tells you "I have broken devices on the past, and I just send it back for a replacement, and I encourage you guys to do it because they can't tell if you OC it muahaha, just do it ;)" then you'll agree with me, but if it's MALI saying it, you have to defend him no matter what right?

I wouldn't sell him a unit either, however I would of cancelled his order privately, and don't ask for the order number, all you need to do is see what email he uses for the forum, and its most likely to be the same email he used to preorder (if he did).

megabyte said:
I know you just defend your friends without even being objective, If John Doe tells you "I have broken devices on the past, and I just send it back for a replacement, and I encourage you guys to do it because they can't tell if you OC it muahaha, just do it ;) " then you'll agree with me, but if it's MALI saying it, you have to defend him no matter what right?
You are in fact right, and I apologize. I've tried to make it clear what I meant, but apparently failed.
I've also made clear that I don't intend to fool Open Pandora and will act in community spirit.
I'm tired of this. I think the thread is way over. Let's try to get Vimacs back on board, anything else is irrelevant, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back