Q: Warranty At 800Mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
facepalmw.jpg

mali said:
borgqueenx said:
But sending a defective pandora to craig and lying about how it broke is also a not really nice solution mali.
In this way i also think you should apologise.

But dont apologise if you dont mean any shit of it, its no use at all.
OK, now that we know that overclocking voids the warranty, don't lie about it when it breaks. If you feel misled by clever marketing, thinking for 1.5 years that it would be ok to overclock, apply your own scale of morale. I can't bend my opinion. Just imagine the huge bang if this information would only have been revealed after shipping. gp32x on fire, I tell you, and Craig hidden in his basement.
Oh my goodness man, just apologise. You clearly said 'if you break it, keep quiet about it ;)' which is a stupid thing to say ESPECIALLY on the board of the manufacturer. How can you expect them to trust you? I certainly wouldn't, but you may save yourself some face if you own up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Vimacs said:
craigix said:
Tokiopop said:
craigix said:
mali said:
Dead1nside said:
Okay so if we do any overclocking in software, without changing the voltages this will no matter what, even if it isn't the cause of any problems, void our warranty?
Nobody will be able to tell if you overclocked it or not, thus it's a non-issue ;)

_If_ it fails, you can either tell them you overclocked or you don't. It depends on you altruism coefficient. I got a replacement motherboard from Asus for my A600, because I didn't tell them.

So you're a dishonest little shit too?

I want your order number. You are banned from having a Pandora from us.

That's right, your order is canceled.
I uhh... don't think he's a first batcher

That's great news, and even better - he never will be!

Pleas tell me you weren't serious there.
Canceling, or threatening to do so, someone order who may have trusted you with 300$ for over a year just is a nogo.
Also, calling someone a "dishonest little shit" is a bannable offense to the forum guidelines in my opinion.
You should really have some more respect for people who placed so much trust in you and/or the project.

IF you relay where serious here consider my order canceled and any work done by me on the pandora os stopped.
Also if you continue to treat customers in such a way i may think about putting everything i did so far under a restrictive license, that should make at least the pnd/pxml system useless for some time.

Pleas tell me you weren't serious there.

Being able to hold a threat such as that over us isn't acceptable for the customers / future of the project. What's your order number?
wait. you are also trying to cancel his order?

wtf craig, now i dont reconise you anymore.
is it the stress? or is your account hacked?

come on! cool down EVERYONE! you're all making me crazy here.
lock lock lock now....

craigix said:
Being able to hold a threat such as that over us isn't acceptable for the customers / future of the project. What's your order number?

Let's just cancel all preorders and keep them all to yourself. Remember not to wrong Craig, big brother is watching you ;)

Really Craig? Really? This is your response to someone calling you out on being unprofessional? Being even more unprofessional for even less reason?

mali said:
Nice to meet you Craig :)
Now is the opportunity to get this stuff off the table. When did you intend to reveal that overclocking voids warranty?
I'm waiting :)
Let's discuss ethics.

No blog post out of any of the information in this thread? Or is it not relevant because it's not 100 percent positive?

mali said:
mali said:
Nice to meet you Craig :)
Now is the opportunity to get this stuff off the table. When did you intend to reveal that overclocking voids warranty?
I'm waiting :)
Let's discuss ethics.
Mali. you are the boss of a major product, everyone wants. its pure awesome. but there is a weakness. You can overclock the device, and then accidently break it, without leaving a trace to see its your fault as you overclocked it. but damn it all of your products are shipped. Then there comes a member recommending people in front of your face, to send the pandora anyways, because they cant find it out how the device broke.
Oh, and you are not a real big company, you had to spend money out of your own pocket for the awesome product.

what would you do?

just saying that an apologise is suitable now.

borgqueen, really? It's not a fault, it's something that was heavily advertised from the start. They put the functionality in there and they advertised it, made no attempt to at any point say this would void you warranty and are telling us now. You're telling mali to apologize? Mali said something in honesty, he has no reason to apologize. If craig wants to cancel his preorder, fine. If anyone should apologize, however, it's Craig. And no, locking a thread without resolving it won't help in the last bit.

No, it's my answer to someone trying to blackmail me.

There is no way we are using the PND format unless it is 100% open source.

We will drop it in an instant if someone is going to claim some kind of ownership to it and try to cause trouble / trip up the OS.

Imagine he decided to copyright his code, after we have shipped the 4000 units.

It's not a situation we want to get in to - it's not something I even want to think about happening.

borgqueenx said:
Mali. you are the boss of a major product, everyone wants. its pure awesome. but there is a weakness. You can overclock the device, and then accidently break it, without leaving a trace to see its your fault as you overclocked it. but damn it all of your products are shipped. Then there comes a member recommending people in front of your face, to send the pandora anyways, because they cant find it out how the device broke.
Oh, and you are not a real big company, you had to spend money out of your own pocket for the awesome product.

what would you do?
That's easy. I would tell him to fuck off, because _I_ would have told him that overclocking voids the warranty when he preordered and I would have posted it on the forums when talking about overclocking.

intense_mc said:
...ESPECIALLY on the board of the manufacturer...
Since when?

This thread has certainly been 'entertaining'. Lets hope there are no lasting repercussions as this 'banter' is not good.

Bosbeetle said:
Kyosys said:
What the hell are you talking about.

About vimacs threathening to close the PND software.
I don't understand what that has to do with calling mali a dishonest little shit

Edit: Oh, I get it now. I didn't read that part about vimacs closing it down.

Well craig, what goes around comes around. You treat your customers like shit (I'm gonna assume I'm allowed to say this word again since Craig apparently is), they will stop giving you free work. And you are treating your customers like shit. I've called you out on this and you decided to make a strawman argument by replying to some random troll instead. All vimacs asked was that you are respectful. Yeah, he threatened you, but you're not the victim here.

OK a simple question for you all. Now the Pandora is not able to be overclocked are you going to cancel your order?

No! thought not, so lets all chill out eh?

For those few of you that will cancel good luck finding something better.

Can we now stop throwing tantrums like little kids...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back