Pyra - too hot for you!

Are you joking about thinking this is a real issue or are you serious?
I'm not certain, actually. At first I was worried, then I wasn't, but then ED came back and didn't confirm it was just a joke so now I'm not sure. I've witnessed a lithium fire, serious business, and even if you think you've done everything right it can still short and cause a fire.

Are you joking about thinking this is a real issue or are you serious?
OK. I probably did lead with my chin there. But you didn't have to hit it, just saying.

I'm not sure whether this is real or not. That's why I'm asking.
I never said I thought it was real or otherwise. I was just sticking my oar in where I could.
Also, April Fool's was yesterday here; I'm not sure about anywhere else.

It was April 1st in Germany when he posted it. Should be April 2nd now.

Considering he tweeted out the picture of the back of the Pyra with an injection molded clear case after this...

That clear case though - wow. Makes me wish that the back were 'simple' without the logo window and trim.

I am generally against transparent cases, as I think they risk being distracting, but that is a nice picture. Mostly, however, because it shows the screen PCB and the LCD-cable: the lower part looks less pretty and less interesting, in my opinion, and I think the same would apply to the region around the keyboard and the screen-front. Has the transparent case been tested with the keyboard backlight, yet? In the dark?

Non-burnt Pyra pic is on twitter from yesterday. As for the real news, and if @Linux-SWAT was serious (still not clear, as it sounded like he was just trying to get in on the fun, but shit happens) I am still waiting, too.
[doublepost=1459581662,1459579819][/doublepost]@matzesu over here @Askarus said there is nothing to worry about (but nothing about fire).

Non-burnt Pyra pic is on twitter from yesterday. As for the real news, and if @Linux-SWAT was serious (still not clear, as it sounded like he was just trying to get in on the fun, but shit happens) I am still waiting, too.
[doublepost=1459581662,1459579819][/doublepost]@matzesu over here @Askarus said there is nothing to worry about (but nothing about fire).

Be sure everything is fine.
I've seen it with my own eyes.
The fire could be real if I wouldn't have unplugged the charging Pyra over the weekend as we don't know if charging is secure already. But I'm sure I did.
No fire for now.

If you want an explosion here's how to do it.
Get a non working PCB, a case set and a spare battery. Put everything together and solder some cables to the battery.
Short circuit or overcharge it and enjoy the fun.

Actually that's a nice idea how to make profit with the old parts.
Pandora explosion bundle coming.
Preorder now and enjoy 2017 new year with exploding Pandoras.

April 2nd the Pyra was magically restored :)

I've seen lithium batteries exploded into fire, it happens easily and it's something I didn't expected before accidentally penetrating a battery with jumper pin.
No wonder there is usually some kind of case around it.

Hmm no real News from Ed more since the Last News.
I think normaly he make no Jokes about that.
Last Years werent April Fools from him.
Maybe this Accident is only happen on this bad 1.April Day and he have now other Things to do first Time.
Reporting Insurrence and other Things.

I wait for the next Post from ED to hear whats real.
A Joke because a flaming Pyra is not a real Joke for me.

Maybe he must do some other Things before next Post because the Pyra and the Shop is all he have.

A Joke is for me like:
The Pyra name must be Changed because Legaly Issues with the Rights. :D

But not like Pyra burned..maybe last Post..maybe Project Death for now...
...thats not a Joke/April Fool for me.

Hmm no real News from Ed more since the Last News.
I think normaly he make no Jokes about that.

I would consider his tweet as news here. The important fact is that it was made after this thread, especially he responded afterward.

Theoretically it could be that this twitter conversation was a joke instead, but I highly doubt he would be in the mood of making jokes after such an incident.

I wait for the next Post from ED to hear whats real.
A Joke because a flaming Pyra is not a real Joke for me.
While is not my kind of humor either, I know that quite some people like those frightening (April fools) Jokes. It might be a bit risky to make such a joke about a device at this stage of development though.

But not like Pyra burned..maybe last Post..maybe Project Death for now...
...thats not a Joke/April Fool for me.
For the "last post" part:

Even with a pyra resembling a gelatinous cube from the future, I doubt it would stop ED from making news posts after a while (as according to his post noone and nothing else were harmed).

ED would have showed the darkened, melted mess if the Pyra had really gone up in a puff of smoke and a lick of flame.

No pyra was armed during the production of this joke

Oh, by the way @EvilDragon , was this written from the flaming Pyra ?

Back