Pyra phone? How about a Headset Stylus?

I really wish the headset would be built-in on the top or under the device. I rather

the stylus be the Xstylus Crayon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where in the Pyra are you planning on putting a stylus large enough to hold a BT headset?

I'll just do some mods if I feel the need to actually use it as a phone.

Where in the Pyra are you planning on putting a stylus large enough to hold a BT headset?
Take a look at the Pandora. The volume dedicated to the stylus holder is several times the volume of the stylus itself - and continues on the length of the device beyond the length of the stylus.

Increase the stylus size to fill that volume and I think there might be enough volume to do it.

So, instead of sidetalking we talk into a pen?

Wasn't there some joke about fitting random stuff into the Pandora? Kind of old, I can't remember now..Like putting it in the stylus area or something. I don't know. I felt it was relevant here, though.

Not very practical if you want to operate your Pyra while talking is it?

Grench, that pen type thing looks nice. oPENpandora. :)

So, instead of sidetalking we talk into a pen?
Yes.

Although it wouldn't have to be round. Here is one with a rectangular profile:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HM5000-Type-Bluetooth-Headset/dp/B007L429MK

Just add a stylus nub to one end.
I need this.

Why is it 44$?

Did I mention that I need this?

It's a lot better to cary than common head sets I think.
Yeah - the price is a bit high, but even Samsung is probably dealing with the laws of producing gadgets in small quantities on this. From what I can tell there isn't really a 'US' version of it - not that that matters. I haven't bought one yet - but considering it. Debating between the pen type that would be an alternate stylus for my Galaxy Note II or the rectangular profile one.

The reason I brought the idea here is that the rectangular one - or one like it with a stylus nub on one end and a couple of charging contacts matched into a slot might be cool in a Pyra.

The problem with normal bluetooth headsets is keeping track of them. I've had a few and never seem to have them with me - they don't pocket well with a phone and I'm certainly not going to wear one continuously.

If you want it in the case then we need a very flat one that fits besides the screen.
Huh? So the stylus on the Pyra is going to live on the screen side of the clamshell? On the Pandora it lives on the base forward of the battery - with a fair amount of empty space to the sides and off the tip of it...

Seems odd to move it to the screen side of the machine?

Could this idea become moot if the Pyra's microphone were off to the side of the hinge or top screen and there were another speaker on the back?

Could this idea become moot if the Pyra's microphone were off to the side of the hinge or top screen and there were another speaker on the back?
I think the idea is that nobody wants to taco talk.

I think the idea is that nobody wants to taco talk.
But with a speaker on  the back of the lid, and the microphone on the side, we could hold and use the closed Pyra like everyone already holds cell phones.

If you want it in the case then we need a very flat one that fits besides the screen.
Huh? So the stylus on the Pyra is going to live on the screen side of the clamshell? On the Pandora it lives on the base forward of the battery - with a fair amount of empty space to the sides and off the tip of it...

Seems odd to move it to the screen side of the machine?
No (I hope not).

But I think the one from Amazon is way to big ti be used as a stylus.

It must be an additional accessory and the only place I can imagine there's enough space for it is besides the screen.

But with a speaker on  the back of the lid, and the microphone on the side, we could hold and use the closed Pyra like everyone already holds cell phones.
It doesn't matter how you hold the Taco it still looks funny.

It doesn't matter how you hold the Taco it still looks funny.
 I don't think holding a closed Pandora to your ear looks particularly funny. Why would it be funny? Because it's thicker than a typical smartphone?

Back