Pyra Marketing Slogan

Pyra: Definitely not to be confused with the Raspberry Pi.

Pyra: Think Wow!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
'Now you can.'
That's great, a bit banal, I wonder if it isn't already used.
I did a search and didn't come up with anything.

If no one else is using it, I also think it's a great choice.

Simple

Memorable

Unpretentious

Says everything we need to say

Dynamic enough to be used in a variety of marketing angles for different target markets.

And once it's associated with the Pyra... the slogan will be powerful enough to have an effect even when it's not used!

Example:

TV add... guy asks his friend:

"Hey, remember when you wanted to ... *insert*, while doing *insert* and *insert*

Other guy:

"Yeah..."

First guy says nothing, but just flips open his Pyra.

Scene cuts and the Pyra name and logo appear on the screen... possibly with an associated audio jingle / logo animation.

Or..

Guy at some remote exotic location, and his buddy says:

"I thought you were spending the weekend at the office, what happened? Boss give the work to someone else?"

First guy just smiles and pulls out his Pyra.

Scene cuts...

Etc, etc...

"It's not a 3DS. Maybe it's not a 2DS, it's even better...it's a 1DS."

Pyra, coming soon...

Eat your heart out Nintendo!
1 DS does exist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe__XAwJok
That's two dimensional

a 1DS should be a length of thread, or maybe a console with only a row of LEDs for a screen
Then the Pyra goes beyond what the mind can comprehend ;)

Or there you go:

"Pyra: Beyond Comprehension"

Pyra: "We let the community make decisions about the name and logo, which is why you're laughing now"

D.
No, ED decided over the small pool of choices we had for the polls, so that's not true.

Neither the current name nor the current logos would have won imho.

Pyra: "We let the community make decisions about the name and logo, which is why you're laughing now"
 No, ED decided over the small pool of choices we had for the polls, so that's not true.

Interesting. You restore my faith in the community if ED really chose the name "Pyra" and the moniker "DP" to go with it. I cannot accept the logo though - there's a huge discussion just going on round the corner from here and it involves people with no design experience creating logos that are either completely impractical or just shite.

Henceforth, I'm naming it the "Rofflebox" because the community behind it is hilarious and I'm enjoying watching them argue.

D.

D.

Decisions.

Some decisions

Not all the decisions

Having polls and acting on their result definitely qualifies as "letting the community make decisions" in my book

D.

Decisions.

Some decisions

Not all the decisions

Having polls and acting on their result definitely qualifies as "letting the community make decisions" in my book
Bringing some of the least liked suggestions into the polls while ignoring some of the most liked makes this very relative.

I don't complain, it's EDs company and decision, just want to say it's not mostly a community thing, no judging if this is a good or bad thing from my side now.

Back