Pyra Blender File

A black Pyra, a bit more work on the textures here and there, but without looking close at a reference, it is hard to guess.

The original object does not have the actual inside of the ports, I will take some from a gcw object I once did and add here, as well as both sd cards.

pyra.jpg

It´s fine, I have higher quality of those and should be playing with it on freetime trying to get a nice ´product´ image or anim with features.

The other renders are not bad, it is just very hard to deal with many million point object, that inside blender, will take a long long time to render a low res pic, it also does make it an horror show to try playing with texture and light this way. I´m sure a lightweight ~50k model would help surface many cool experimental images. 

I haven´t checked much of the materials yet, just did a bit on the silver plastic trying to mimic pictures of the silver pandora I found on the webs.

The model, as converted from its original cad type file, generates too many triangles, I think the final object has somewhat a few million points.

It is too heavy for the purpose of beauty, so I remodeled some of the heavier parts into lower poly and quads, the latest would be best to keep an eternal resolution but then I´d be looking at a few days work.

Now it is around 500k points, enough to output full renders in real time.  

Yupp, way to many Polygons, ED meant it to good during conversion from solid render model to polygon render model. :D   I also tried to lower the polycount but removing doubles did not much, I hope we can get an original file to make a custom conversion. You usualy can choose the poly resolution then.  My poor PC takes up to 10 minutes to render an 800x600 pic, at least with the cycles renderer.  So I would welcome an low poly model, I would say for it's purpose, even 250k polys or less are more than enough you still can use the subsurface  division in blender if needed. ^^

P.S.: nice black material. ;)  However, to separate the Pyra from the Pandora more, I would prefer some dark charcoal grey or so, with a little bit of metallic in it but still not glossy.

Quote said:
The other renders are not bad, it is just very hard to deal with many million point object, that inside blender, will take a long long time to render a low res pic, it also does make it an horror show to try playing with texture and light this way. I´m sure a lightweight ~50k model would help surface many cool experimental images. 

Again, very true. Blender has an preview renderer but this also takes long, in my case even the material preview takes long when changing something. XD  50K polys should be enough, my old custom Pandora desin had only 20K and didn't looked to blocky. maybe ED can release the source files or make an low poly model. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly, best would be to be able to maintain the original curves with quads and use subdivision to add resolution where needed, we also don´t need the highly detailed interior parts.

I´m pretty sure there isen´t a simple way to convert the current model or original files without having to spend some many hours with it, at which point, it can be faster to remodel.

The later is also time consuming considering the organic curved parts. I think the best would be to convert the original to a DAE file and work from there. I´m pretty sure DAE will keep quads instead of triangles.

Some computers won´t even open the current blender file, let alone render it. I´m impressed that one user said he opened it on the pandora itrself.

Here a poison-don´t-touch-me-yellow version, in case you constantly take your pyra to construction sites and need it to stand out from the crowd.

Or maybe you use it to log or pre-edit movie/photos on the go.

View attachment 12502

I kid you not, this should be one of the colors that ed offers. It's fun. Yellow, dark Red, blue, black, white and orange.

Here a poison-don´t-touch-me-yellow version, in case you constantly take your pyra to construction sites and need it to stand out from the crowd.

View attachment 12502

I kid you not, this should be one of the colors that ed offers. It's fun. Yellow, dark Red, blue, black, white and orange.
Maybe change the logo on the lid to a radiation symbol.  I like the yellow but I would probably skip it unless it had additional fun markings on it.

Black/Yellow "DANGER" stripes maybe? :D

Well, no matter what colour it just doesn't make the Pyra design prettier, sadly. Still to much Pandora in there for my taste which could lead to confusion for people that know a little bit of Pandora but not much about Pyra. All in all it should be a dark color because everything looks better when you don't see every dirty detail. XD

View attachment 12502

Can you try a render with C64 Breadbin colours. Kinda like the one I did, but your renders look a lot better :)

Since you're having some fun with the renders, could you make one for me?  It's an idea I'm toying with requesting for a Prototype, but it's one of those borderline things - it will either be very cool or a visual train wreck.  It's hard to decide which without seeing it.

#661F00 case color  (It's a very dark orange)#FF4F00 shoulder game buttons, nubs, stylus color (same orange as Fn label colors)

[COLOR= rgb(89, 89, 89)]If you have time of course.[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(89, 89, 89)]Thank you.[/COLOR]

Does anyone know if the volume knob will be integrated into the control piece (must be black) or if it will be part of the plastics run (could match buttons/nubs/stylus)?

Ok, will give a shot.

Beware the Flying Acrylic Pyra.

Can you imagine this thing in the dark with all the leds, backlight and whatnot shinning?

Mood lamp, alarm, party light, dj thing people take note.

View attachment 12503

As the kids say that looks "Sick"!  I too would like to see Grench's proposed orange Pyra.

<Cool Transparent Pyra Render>

That looks so cool, I think I'd still prefer an opaque case because the transparent one looks way to busy/distracting.
But if I had the that kind of money I'd buy another one with that case just for display/coolness factor.

It looks superb on the original 4k size render. Brown and the c64 coming...

The forum seems to jpg downgrade the images, if you guys want to see more detail and less blur and artifacts, maybe downloading the images help.

closeup.jpg

Back