Pyra Blender File

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Download here: http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/Pyra.blend.zip

Do whatever you want with it. But it would be great if you could share some nice renders with us here :)
You can also use it to show possible color choices.
In that case: Shoulder Buttons, Nubs, DPad and Stylus will have the same color and the rest of the case will also have the same color (but both can be different).

Enjoy and have fun :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice+thx. But .blend files of such complexity are hard to edit if you want to mess around with the actual design. .sat Files anyone? ^^"

Hm, I doubt that 123D Design can handle this (looking... .stp and .step are possible it seems). Well, no Problem. I tested the Blender file.  The file has indeed so many polygons, it almost kills my Blender actualy, and there is no material, hm, I should try a newer Blender version, maybe mine is just to old (1.49). It must have been a very high resolution when translating the "solid renderer" files into the poly based Blender Format.  :D

I can work with this.  I exploded the parts and exported as STL.  As with the Pandora the top keyboard part of the case is problematic for FDM printers but I think I can come up with some.
Not now, unfortunately; I'm busy printing other stuff, but in a few weeks I'll give it a try.

Reactions: rSl
It can... barely, but it can.

Pyra on Pandora.JPG

It's been over a decade since I last tried Blender and even back then I barely used it. I just (re-)learned that I do not know how to use Blender :p

That said, thanks for sharing ED. I can at least admire it from different angles now.

OK so whos the first to make a cardboard printout 3d version of the pyra like someone did of the pandora all those ages ago?

Does anyone dare to do a dark red Pyra case, buttons and nubs, d-pad etc in either black or silver/grey with this file?
Pretty please?

My i3 pc is too slow :eek: but  I'd like
1-black/blackbuttons,
2-anthracite/blackbuttons,
3-brown(like the image in spoiler)/blackbuttons.

pocketbook-inkpad-dark-brown.jpg

It's missing the image texture for the keypad labels. The screen also seems to be missing an image.

Ah, they're not embedded into the Blender file then?
Okay, I can upload them later.

Ah, they're not embedded into the Blender file then?
Okay, I can upload them later.

Sweet

Does anyone dare to do a dark red Pyra case, buttons and nubs, d-pad etc in either black or silver/grey with this file?
Pretty please?

In the mean time here's a quick render (15 minutes) with a poorly aligned keymat

View attachment 12341
Thanks pal,

I can open it with Gimp now, I'm not a blender guy.

Pretty please?

I think a few of us want the case like this.  Dark red case with black or dark grey buttons is one of my top choices.  I think the pic FelixNemis made of this combination looks pretty good.

Back