When was the Pyra announced? How to define Official Announcement?

I don't see how you could solve the problem of takato14 being offended by arguing about what is an announcement stuff.
I was arguing about the date of the official announcement to justify my comment that since the official announcement was in February that takato14 wasn't wrong in saying that the device had been "just announced". I hope that helps you understand where I was going with this.

-God Ginrai

The Pyra has not been announced as a product yet.

That it is under development has been an open secret for quite a while prior to ED asking for community involvement in the project.

The Pyra has not been announced as a product yet.

That it is under development has been an open secret for quite a while prior to ED asking for community involvement in the project.
That's an interesting way to look at it. You don't consider the FOSDEM presentation as an official announcement? What is your reasoning for this?

-God Ginrai

Product announcements usually have mostly final specs. So I would say at fosdem was the product announcement, until then it was a project announcement. Saying you are working on something vs showing a model of what it will look like and having a mostly functional prototype. If it would meet the kick starter fundraiser pitch requirements then it's a product announcement. (The new specific requirements may not be met yet however)

Last edited by a moderator:
What I would like to know is when the term "officially announced" was officially announced.  I am not finding it in either wikipedia (thank god for wikipedia, for they are always right) or Merriam-Webster online.  Granted that both "official" and "announce" are defined in Merriam's, but it seems obvious that this thread is in need of an actual official interpretation of the term "official announcement."  Further, if the term has not in fact been officially defined, it would seem that one could take any interpretation of "officially announced" that one wishes and view this thread in light of that interpretation, though of course such a course of action would not be officially valid.  Maybe someone official can make an official announcement as to what their as yet unofficial interpretation of the term "official announcement" is, so that we can use that as the standard by which to resolve the important matters present in these posts.

When that happens, please let me know, for I really do want to know when the term "officially announced" was(is) officially announced. 

;)

Back