Switches for pyra keyboard (Updated 2 may)

Got samples. TC002 is just plain too loud. While TC002W is equally loud, the high pinchy noise is nicely muffled by the dome.

Greatest difference with the TC002W to the pandora keyboard is there is no key-wobble. Pressing a key on its edge presses the key down, and doesn't tilt the button.

Quite hard to press. But ok for thumb typing. Suprisingly little travel, almost none. Nice feel to the material, probably temperature resistant silicon since it survives reflow soldering.

It is possible for the user to change the caps, but maybe the case would have to come apart.

While better, its not half a dollar per key worth of better. I suppose the selling point is the illumination and IP67 waterproofing. Which is a pretty moot point with how things fit into the general scheme of things.

There is a bit of difference from key to key...

I would consider populating the whole thing with blank keycaps on square cutout in the case as a fallback if keymat proves too difficult to produce and align with separate holes.

But they might not even fit since there is now more vertical space constrain.

Im hoping someone will shrink the cherry mx switch now that the patent has expired.

TL;DR wb switches falls in between many chairs, for how it can be used, i think http://www.omron.com/ecb/products/sw/24/b3al.html would be much better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back