Release PX68k - Sharp X68000 Emulator

I thought so as it generated iplromxv.dat.  Anyway, SF2 CE started OK.  But what do you do after inserted disk 2 or disk 3?  Press Reset? 

By the way, the stretch option is a very nice addition to this emulator for Pandora!  I don't care what Neelix and TrashyMG said! ;)   Stretching looks nice on this emulator on Pandora screen! :)

Now add some scanlines! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so as it generated iplromxv.dat.  Anyway, SF2 CE started OK.  But what do you do after inserted disk 2 or disk 3?  Press Reset? 

By the way, the stretch option is a very nice addition to this emulator for Pandora!  I don't care what Neelix and TrashyMG said! ;)   Stretching looks nice on this emulator on Pandora screen! :)

It doesn't start with the first disk  inserted ... return to A> prompt.

Some other games doesnt start too like sfxvi.hdf ... i own the 1Ghz model.

You go back to F12 menu and change disk on FDD0. When it shows Disk 2, you select Disk Image 3.

I don't like strectched either, but it's configurable, so everyone do as he wish.

I'm not sure a X68000 has scan lines originaly in fact.

It doesn't start with the first disk  inserted ... return to A> prompt.
Some other games doesnt start too like sfxvi.hdf ... i own the 1Ghz model.
Use iplromxv.dat rom, and it should start (but 1st disk should be labeled "System" disk).

nice update.

I hope the.
・read time speedup SASI-HDD(hdf).
・No-wait mode switching in one button.

I'm not sure a X68000 has scan lines originaly in fact.
I don't think any systems originally 'had' scanlines; it was just an artifact of a slghtly too sharp electon gun beam versus the line spacing on a CRT screen - most CRTs showed scanlines if you looked closely enough.

But scanlines in emulators is mainly an aesthetic choice.  Only really badly configured CRTs looked like the sort of scanlines you mostly see emulated these days.  But even well set up CRTs would show a solid block of colour with subtle variations in intensity as you go up and down, so some people prefer overblown scanlines to the artificiality of digital LCD screens.

You go back to F12 menu and change disk on FDD0. When it shows Disk 2, you select Disk Image 3.
Then go to System and hit Reset?  If I do so, it just tells me something in Japanese to insert a disk or something but I already did... Shouldn't there be an option to say like "Continue" or something after next disk is inserted?

Then go to System and hit Reset?  If I do so, it just tells me something in Japanese to insert a disk or something...
No, just hit F12 again to go back to the emulated system.

Oh!  Thanks!  I need to learn Japanese!  While you're at it, can you translate the whole emulator to English? 

*ptitSeb threw his boot at Ryo Hazuki* --> *Ryo Hazuki Ducked*

Use iplromxv.dat rom, and it should start (but 1st disk should be labeled "System" disk).
Yes that is the one i already use and this image : Street Fighter II Champion Edition (1993)(SPS)(Disk 1 of 4)(System).dim.

Some others return to the prompt too like Daimakaimura ... my Ghz pandora is oc at 1200 Mhz maybe a cause .. dunno.

I wonder if 8 button operation also can respond ?

>You want a shortcut to toggle No-wait mode? Like some F-keys or something?

>If yes, which key should I take?

Hmm... RightNubPAD UP or SELECT?.

config

XVIMODE=1 16MHz.

Yes that is the one i already use and this image : Street Fighter II Champion Edition (1993)(SPS)(Disk 1 of 4)(System).dim.

Some others return to the prompt too like Daimakaimura ... my Ghz pandora is oc at 1200 Mhz maybe a cause .. dunno.
To use iplromxv.dat rom, it must be the ONLY rom in appdata/px68k, so no other iplrom*.dat must be there.

I wonder if 8 button operation also can respond ?

>You want a shortcut to toggle No-wait mode? Like some F-keys or something?

>If yes, which key should I take?

Hmm... RightNubPAD UP or SELECT?.

config

XVIMODE=1 16MHz.
Mmmm, ok for SELECT, now I have to understand what I have to do. I'll try to look at that next week I think...

To use iplromxv.dat rom, it must be the ONLY rom in appdata/px68k, so no other iplrom*.dat must be there
Daimakaimura runs perfectly on this emulator!    So many nice games on this emulator! :)
Find the problem ... the config file was corrupted.

Now SF2CE or Daimakaimura are working like a charm :)

Thanks for your advices.

Well, if you want to get technical, (And please correct me if I'm wrong here) when you buy a game, you don't OWN the software, you pay for the right to RUN said software; the software is still owned by the company that produced it.  You know those End User License Agreements people always skip? Those EULA's outline all the rights you just paid for, and those rights don't typically extend to the duplication of the software, to be distributed however you wish. And this isn't just for games nowadays, I think it's always been that way. The physical mediums are simply a means to get the software to you, so the company holds up their end of the deal; You buy the license, they provide you a means to run the software. Now don't get me wrong. I've leaned toward the illegitimate side of software ownership in the past. However I now understand the implications of my actions; By downloading and running a COPY of something, I never payed for the right to do so. Using that logic, I don't do it anymore. Developers need to eat, too.

Now do you understand? Be honest.
I never clicked "I Agree" or signed an EULA for any of the console games I own, and these are one of the main areas people are talking about when they are discussing "ROMs".  I am not too worried about my cartridges, but optical discs are very fragile and I have lost games I paid money to play, by whatever terminology you wish to use, because I did not have a backup.  Those were console and computer games.  I also made it clear that the situation I was talking about is making copies of games for personal use, not to redistribute.  I said "not sharing with others".

I haven't "leaned toward the illegitimate side of software ownership".  I "pirate" a lot of stuff.  I "buy" a lot of stuff, too.  Sometimes the stuff I "steal" is stuff I have already paid for, sometimes it is not.  Frequently I buy games on carts that I really like even if I know no one will come after me for having an "illegal" copy because I want to have it on an original cartridge or 3.  If I download a game that I have a "legal" copy of, and am only getting it for my own personal use who am I hurting?  If I download a game I have paid for that is unusable in the original format on the intended system due to damage to the disc/cart, who am I hurting?  If I make a backup, or dump a rom, for personal use, who am I hurting?  Personal backups are the thing I don't understand being made illegal.  If I have no "legal" rights to do what I want with my games then why would I bother paying for any of them?  I have already paid for, as you explain it, the right to run the software.  Shouldn't I be able to do that?  

I almost never buy new games anymore, so you can take your idea of "developers need to eat" somewhere else.  They get no money from the second hand market.  Hell, they don't get enough of the money from original sales in many cases.  Too many middlemen.  I would rather get an "illegal" copy of the game and donate the asking price to the people that actually made the game, not everyone else who wants to take a cut, and, for companies like Walmart, that don't take care of their employees or the communities they are in.  Developers need to eat.  So does everyone else.

So I should just go with the "legal" digital distibution methods, right?  Except then I don't even get the reassurance that I have a physical copy that I can play if there is a problem with anything, such as the distributor pulling it or going out of business.

Honestly, no, I don't understand why it would be illegal for a person to make a backup copy of games/movies/music/books/etc they have paid "to use" for their own use.  It seems like these laws are there to support businesses, not indivduals who make or play games.

Edit:  Can someone please move this and related posts to another thread to help keep this one on the topic of the wonderful work and effort of ptitSeb?

I knew that this System was familiar to me... This will be useful, thanks :)
They seems to both work (DM and CSB), but need to read japanese to enjoy them...

*EDIT* I also tried Dungeon Master Nexus on Yabause, but it's not working properly, the screen continuesly fade in and out and the screen is basicaly black, with just the mouse pointer (hand) sometimes, so unplayable (but the FMV intro is fine).

px68k_csb1.png

px68k_dm1.png

Back