Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Are the updates mentioned in the codeblocks thread going into the beta codeblocks? I used this beta one but no bzip2 1.0.6 :(

Thanks for this btw.

Well, you just "bzip2 --version", I guess you'll get 1.0.5. Maybe it's because it's used by pnd system and so already in us somehow... Not really sure what is happening here.

If i do "bzip2 --version" i get 1.0.6 version. Maybe the configure script tries to find it in a weird place, like /usr/local or /opt?

Added System Shock beta pnd to the 1st post.
systemshock_1.png

A word of warning, it's a crude beta for now. Most menu wont work (I don't think there is Load/Save yet). but core gameplay is complete (with sound and even music, using a WildMidi hack). You'll need SystemShock Enhanced Edition data (only the "res" folder) inside appdata/systemshock to play.
Keymap is default for now, so not super Pandora friendly.
Go to 1st post for link and a few additionnal infos.

Hi all :)

@ptitSeb : thanks for porting System Shock to the Pandora ! I'll give it a try ASAP !

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1531909480,1531904439][/doublepost]@ptitSeb : I gave System Shock a quick go and everything worked fine on my Rebirth at stock speed :) I didn't understand much of what was going on on screen though ;) I guess I'll just have to RTFM :D

Cheers, Magic Sam
[doublepost=1531926587][/doublepost]Hi again !

@ptitSeb : looks like the shockolate developers are not aware of your WildMidi Hack:
Missing Features:

• Music

○ SDL_Mixer can't play the multi track XMI midi files, need to find another solution for those

Source: https://github.com/Interrupt/systemshock/blob/master/README.md

Do you intend to push your changes upstream ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Hi again !

@ptitSeb : looks like the shockolate developers are not aware of your WildMidi Hack:

Source: https://github.com/Interrupt/systemshock/blob/master/README.md

Do you intend to push your changes upstream ?

Cheers, Magic Sam

Yeah, I will, but it's pretty ugly as it is right now (ugly in the sense it's not really configurable in the cmake, there is no proprer look for in the cmake for libWildMidi, and the insertion of WildMidi is rough), so I'm not sure how would be the best way to do (a pull-request will probably be rejected).
[doublepost=1531940178,1531931497][/doublepost]For the curious, here is the diff from the version I compiled of Shockolate (not updated, just the version I used). (EDIT: link removed, it was wrong, see my next post for correct link)

Last edited:
I have just noticed that the tar.gz of the diff was messed up.
Here is a proper copy...

Attachments

• shockolate_pandora.tar.gz
    3 KB · Views: 274
I have update the codeblocks pnd beta. Latest version include a working clang, and Qt 5.11. I have also compile QtWebKit 5.212, but there is an issue with it (or the JS engine, not sure), and the version of Otter I built with it doesn't work properly (there is a Illegal Instruction error). I haven't been able to found the root cause of this, and because it may take a long time (or I may never found), I prefer to release it as-is, at least with the other libs updated...

Back