Beta ptitSeb's Beta Lair

Ok, it should be fixed now. The size is correct now at least.
[doublepost=1504979081,1504969444][/doublepost]I have added OpenRA to the 1st post.

I have (super quickly) tried it on CC, and you'll need a Swapfile for it to run (no idea on the speed, I haven't tried to download any media).
Also, on CC, I had to disabled BGRA texture or the game would fail tried to create a Framebuffer with a large (2048x2048) BGRA texture. It's ok on Gigahertz (with 4.10 driver), so I only disabled BGRA Texture on CC. If the game crash for you, check the /tmp/pndrun_openra.out as usual, but you can also look inside appdata/openra/home/.openra/Logs for more logs.

I have removed Retroarch, as Canseco has a better and up-to-date version on the repo, this one is obsolete.

I have updated Revenge of the Titans. The latest version of gl4es makes the games playable on a Gigahertz model, even if still on the slow side.
Also, I tried with ES1.1 or ES2.0 backend and didn't found notable difference. By default I kept ES1.1 backend but you can select ES1/ES2 by creating a file named ".es" without the quotes in "appdata/revengeoftitans" with 1 or 2 inside to select the backend.

Hi all,

I just ordered Descent 1 to 3 at gog.com for less than 20€ :)

@ptitSeb : D1X-Rebirth is working great on my Rebirth at stock speed, thanks again for porting it to the Pandora !

P.S: according to Wikipedia, Rebecca Ann Heineman has access to Descent 3 source code. Would it be worth sending that lady an email ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commercial_video_games_with_available_source_code

Cheers, Magic Sam
Wow Descent 3 Sourcecode?

Its a Dream for me to play Descent 3 on my Pandora :-D

Decent 3 has a Linux conversion, so it is probably not too difficult to port it to the Pandora if the source code has the linux branch inside (it's probably OpenGL 1.x only, so glshim or gl4es will probably work fine too). It maybe more work if it's only the Windows version (or maybe icculus has the linux code somewhere).

We must beware..the Linux Version is not combatible to play with the Internet Servers from Slyclan.

And when i start Descent 3 Server on Linux the Windows Version will be not combatible to it because the last Patches.
..you can only login with the Linux Version.

Data Files are Hog Files and should be work from all Descent 3 Versions.

Here a Video where i started a Descent 3 Server on the Pandora long Time ago:

and here a Video with trying to get the Game run with Qemu on the Pandora

here a Video with a Try to get it run with Qemu and wineX86...and i got Ingame Music..but no more success

and here is a Sample of playing it on my PC

Happy Watching the Videos and do not be scared how fast i can play this Game "Keyboard only"

Here a Picture of my Descent 3 Star-Trek Mod which i had created in the Past :-D
StartrekMod6.zip.large.jpg

@ptitSeb Any chance to see QT 5.10 compiled for Codeblocks PND? 5 new versions were released since 5.9.0, with 2500 bugs fixed.

Great, because there are some little libs that should be updated before, like libpng, sqlite, freetype, etc.

QTWebengine is a possibility now too?

Great, because there are some little libs that should be updated before, like libpng, sqlite, freetype, etc.

QTWebengine is a possibility now too?
QtWebEngine doesn't build on the pandora last time I tried it. even with a 4GB swapfile, the link step get killed.
I have to try on cross-compile, but that's another story (plus, early version of QtWebengine just didn't run on the Pandora, because of GLES2 drivers issue).

Added Warzone 2100 to 1st post. This version of Warzone use the latest sources for git (v3.2.3), and use gl4es with GLES2 backend, as everything is drawn using shaders now.
Speewize, it's ok-ish on gigahertz, and as it seem GPU limited, expect less then ok-ish on Rebirth and CC (if it even runs on CC, due to glitchy GLES2 drivers).

As always, reports of success/failure are welcome.

Last edited:
Added AdvanceMAME (and AdvanceMENU), current version, to the 1st post.
This is using OpenGL2 for rendering (so shaders for CRT / scaline effect are availble) and is compatible with all driver.
After a first launch to create default configuration, you will need to change parameters of appdata/advancemame/home/.advance/advmame.rc and appdata/advancemame/home/.advance/advmess.rc to add folders for ROMS (and snap, title, etc..) or you will be stuck with the TI/99 samples included with AdvanceMAME.
Default configuration should be usable, but feel free to adapt to your own tastes.

I haven't tested on CC model, only on my Gigahertz (with both 4.03 and 4.10 driver).

Hi all !

@ptitSeb : an interesting project you could add to your next Code::Blocks / gl4es release ?

https://opensource.com/article/18/4/opengl-bindings-bash

I managed to build CmdlineGL on the Pandora, I just had to tweak the CFLAGS a little to help the configure script find ftgl.h and ft2build.h :)

Cheers, Magic Sam
Sure, I'll add it in next release (you will probably have to use LIBGL_FB=3 on lastest SGX driver to have rendering in a window.. I'll see if I can to that automaticaly somehow).

Back