Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zodttd posted on Oct 4 2006 at 07:40 PM said:
How much did you get for your GP2X? Just wondering. :p

I haven't tested Ridge Racer 4, but the really unoptimized Ridge Racer 1 on the GP2X is about 15 FPS average, I'd say. It needs twice the speed to be fullspeed it seems. Now Ridge Racer 4 supposedly has an optimized version of Ridge Racer 1 in it. I want to test that soon.

that optimized right is callec ridge racer hi-spec, i ripped it, it was quite slower because it's optimized in the way that it uses more of the psx, higher resolution, better textures and framerate, that's who optimized it is: it's not much faster than type 4 :D

but i'll try them right now ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
G-darius is the most playable i've tested so far. Legend of mana is ok when your in the house but when you go outside it gets choppy.

Good work on this emu though its getting there.

@ cabbages...i hope the discworld thing ran decent, look forward to the vid.

Anyone know if there is an impact in performace if u use compressed iso compared to full size?

kevcal posted on Oct 6 2006 at 03:26 PM said:
Ridge Racer 1 -
Dunno how you get around 15fps - feels more like about 6 fps to me. :(
I think this was covered in an earlier post, the 3D style games are going to run like a drunken sloth. I personally don't think we are every going to get a good speed out of games like Ridge Racer or Spyro the dragon on the GP2X. But I really hope I am wrong.

diesel604 posted on Oct 6 2006 at 07:17 AM said:
XENOGEARS
speed 266
no interlace
no sound
vsync 5000-10000
Menu - 18-23fps
FMV - no display (bypassed)
Ingame movie - 3-5fps
Ingame - 13-15fps

Just a brief note about the Xenogears intro movie ingame: the burning town is using a lot of framebuffer effects. And framebuffer effects are the things that bring modern budget graphics cards to their knees regardless of processor speed if displayed correctly.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the framerate for future ingame movies that don't involve burning towns is a LOT better (i.e. normal ingame framerate)

On another note, Discworld 2 video remind me of trying to play Sam and Max on a PC with too little conventional memory free...

Just makin a video of dracula resurection. You need ot put the number thingy up to 50000 or 60000 at first , then when it gets too the bit with the canal and other logos you need ot go all teh way down to 584 or whatever it is till you see iin the bottom right corner a book turnin its pages very fast. Then you need to go all teh way up to between 50000 and 70000 for it to continue onto the intro.

Dracula Resurrection VIDEO

Oh where can i buy a new gp2x cap ? i bought one but it just fell off in my room and i cannot find it !!! :blink:

CABBAGES posted on Oct 6 2006 at 07:10 PM said:
Dracula Resurrection VIDEO

Oh where can i buy a new gp2x cap ? i bought one but it just fell off in my room and i cannot find it !!! :blink:
gp2x.co.uk

drokkeh posted on Oct 5 2006 at 08:13 PM said:
Anyone tried something like discworld? Its mostly static GFX so it might run ok. Having said that, its probably the most difficult, illogical adventure game i have ever played. :attach bra to ladder so it doesnt make a sound when climbing over the rooftops...?: yeah..obvious :)

I'll fire up Discworld 2 when I get home and see how it goes.

I saw that play asia and lik sang sold the caps but i thought it woudl be better gettin them from gp2x.co.uk again :( will probably get a few from lik-sang then once my ps3 pre order comes (HAHAHAHA)

Heres another vide -----> BEATMANIA VIDEO

its playable but dosnt go with the music.

Heres a MUSIC VIDEO. MUSIC the game i mean. I wonder if i put the bpm up higher it woudl sound normal :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back