Psx4gp2x Public Beta 4 Released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Er, is it me or is this Emu never going to actually be playable on the GP2X? i.e. Spyro the Dragon runs about 3 or 4 FPS. Or am I not configuring this correctly. I'm running it overclocked at 280 with Craig's timing hack and interlacing the screen on 1. I have taken the screen sync down as low as it will go before it stops displaying anything.

:blink:

It's an amazing feat of programming though :)

Vollgasasi posted on Oct 5 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
tony hawks 1 and 2 do not work, get black screen after load succes. hmm now i'm trying tekken 3and resident evil 2 and maybe final fantasy tactics

Tony Hawk's 1 beta does :p But only until it tries to load a level :(

EDIT: Fluffy, the 3D stuff do tend to run a bit slower atm...

Last edited by a moderator:
PokeParadox posted on Oct 5 2006 at 06:14 PM said:
EDIT: Fluffy, the 3D stuff do tend to run a bit slower atm...
Aha, I thought that might be the case. Guess we gotta wait for GPH's next gen console for full speed PSX.

Does this mean you haven't resolved the dynarec weirdness on GP2X yet? Or you have you figured out what's causing it and determined that it can't be overcome? Hopefully the dynarec for these ARM ports is just on hiatus..

For interpreting MIPS there probably isn't that much you can optimize because it's so straightforward, of course an ASM interpreter will remove the overhead of bound checking switches or making function calls for function pointers. You might want to try computed gotos in C for a similar effect. The only other things that come to my mind are pretty obvious (keeping the PC represented as a raw pointer and only recomputing it when jumps are made).. oh and for memory page maps might work well (over switches), if you aren't using them already. At least they can be inlined more nicely.. Wait, you're using the MMU for this right? Nevermind then.

I guess there's not much hope of the source ever opening up is there...?

Exophase: You've got a new PM over at dcemu.

Btw everyone, Exophase is a dynarec mad scientist. :)
Let's see if psx4all source doesn't scare him away. :p

PokeParadox posted on Oct 5 2006 at 05:14 PM said:
Tony Hawk's 1 beta does :p But only until it tries to load a level :(

Will work on the next beta. With some texture problems still but will work.

Unai..

Best settings for ff7? The battles seem choppier than the last beta by far... I get 1-2fps

Crash Bandicoot does precisely that...Crashes, the menu comes up and you can start the game but as soon as you get to the loading screen for the first level it freezes.

Azure Dreams at 266MHz (No sound):

Loads fine, first main menu VsyncRate: 26.7; FrameRate: 26.7
Loading screen ~FR = 15
During the beginning speaches VsyncRate: ~19, FrameRate: ~9-10

But it just randomly freezes every once in a while.

Azure Dreams at 266MHz (Sound):

Froze after the opening screen

Azure Dreams at 250MHz (Sound):

Loads fine, first main menu VsyncRate: ~24; FrameRate: ~24
Loading screen FR = ~9-14
During the beginning speaches VsyncRate: ~14-15, FrameRate: ~7-8
Sound is pretty good so far.
More speaches: VsyncRate: ~13; Framerate: 5-7
Sound still pretty good, just a little slow.
Next scene: VSR: ~10; FR: ~5
Characters walk really slow (You're not controlling them)
FMV: FR = ~3-4
Opening credits: VSR: ~10-16; FR: 3-6
Sound pretty glitchy
In town: VSR: 10-14; FR: 3-6
In tower: VSR: 5-11; FR: 3-6
Save Menu Both ~15

Azure Dreams at 250MHz (No Sound):

Loads fine, first main menu VsyncRate: 43; FrameRate: 43
In tower: VSR: 27-31; FR: 3-8

And that's all I can do for now; Have to get ready for work. I was surprised it even worked at all, so I can't wait until there's more progress and maybe Azure Dreams will become much more playable.

got the tv fixer workin now and ive made a few videos. Im uploadin one to youtibe the now and im very impressed with it! Anyone ever play Constructer ? its very playable on psx4gp2x !!

Crash Bandicoot 2 runs, great looking and a small uncomressed ISO at about 250Mb. I'll post some data soon.

Heres the video for constructor :-

CONSTRUCTOR VIDEO

Watch it a bit till i actually remmeebr hwo to play it then you see its rather fast !!!

Rayman (original version) appears to lock up after the language selection screen (displaying the UBIsoft logo).

Klonoa: Door to Phantomile appears to run. Not sure of the framerates and suchlike, but in playability terms, it appears to run at ~40% @ 250MHz and ~50% @266MHz [Both without RAM tweaking]. This one is the most impressive sight to see for me as it was a LONG time before ANY of the PC-based emus (original psxemu and Bleem! and for a while ePSXe) would display the "Door to Phantomile" tagline without graphical glitches but this works perfectly :)

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back